NY Post Takes On "Illicit" Massage Parlors

Lucky
This topic is 934 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

2 hours ago, Lucky said:

Saying that there are more "illicit" massage parlors in the 5 boroughs than there are Starbucks (629) the Post writes about what happens at these parlors:

https://nypost.com/2021/09/26/illegal-massage-parlors-outnumber-starbucks-in-nyc/

We've known for years that the only way to stop trafficking is to legalize and regulate.  It takes away the incentives that drive the behavior of these pimps and provide protections for those that choose a career in body work. Sadly it seems we are still far from accepting the facts, but rather prefer to stick with dogma and disinformation.  

I’m honestly surprised and disappointed to still see articles like this in 2021. In NYC too! It’s ironic how the article points out that there are more massage parlors than Starbucks. Which I guess would mean there are more people out there wanting services than coffee…so there is definitely a demand. 100% agree with the above poster. Legalize and regulate it. 

2 hours ago, Lfeegrin said:

I’m honestly surprised and disappointed to still see articles like this in 2021. In NYC too! It’s ironic how the article points out that there are more massage parlors than Starbucks. Which I guess would mean there are more people out there wanting services than coffee…so there is definitely a demand. 100% agree with the above poster. Legalize and regulate it. 

If I had not been a WorldWE youth leader, making videos and educating kids about these issues, I’m not sure I would have picked up on what was happening in the way I did,” he continued.”

Reads to me as: “I went in there with an agenda…”  Remember the expression: If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  Reading this with a healthy level of scepticism would be advised.

On 9/27/2021 at 6:25 AM, Lfeegrin said:

Well, I can make better coffee for cheaper at home.  Until Sharper Image comes out with a massage chair that can blow me....

😜

Pretty sure Starbucks has more customers, given they can provide their service in like 1% of the time for a massage....

Good point but I think is all about the price. Folks might not want to pay a $2+ coffee but want a $60 hand job and hopefully more. 

I doubt the there are more illegal massager parlors than Starbucks... unless there's one in each block.