Does RM forward chat messages to your phone number or email?

Yeahman
This topic is 841 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm just an unpaid basic client member of RM.

When some provider sent me a chat message in RM, I do get a notice in my email saying that someone has sent me a message, but the message itself is not included in the email.

For a provider, does RM forward the message itself to your registered phone number or email?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2021 at 7:17 AM, Yeahman said:

I'm just an unpaid basic client member of RM.

When some provider sent me a chat message in RM, I do get a notice in my email saying that someone has sent me a message, but the message itself is not included in the email.

For a provider, does RM forward the message itself to your registered phone number or email?

Thanks.

Nope… it all stays on the site in the chat. 

• 1 month later...

They used to send texts notifications to your phone if someone messaged you online, but I don’t think it would do it every-time someone messages you. I’m pretty sure they send to email, but still I only know someone has messaged me if I physically go on RM to view my messages. Which is why I always prefer to have someone text my phone directly. 

Edited by italianboyph

If someone knows how providers can change their settings to where they do get notifications, that would be much appreciated. All too often a client will message me on the site, rather than text and it will be too late by the time I read the message on the site. For providers who go to school and/or work, sitting on RM all day every day is often not feasible.