Maus Across America!

IronMaus
This topic is 918 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I rented an RV and am traveling the country for the next couple of months. So far I've been to Palm Springs and Joshua Tree - on the way to Phoenix in the morning! From there, Monument Valley, Denver, OKC/Tulsa, Dallas, Austin, New Orleans, Atlanta. I am but a leaf in the wind, but that's the plan.

With (and working with) my boyfriend/Pup @nathandanielxxx until October 2nd. Planning on Pride in Atlanta the 8-10th of Oct.

How long I do this depends entirely on how long it can support me. Gas is expensive. Not as expensive outside of California, but the MPG are atrocious on these things.

If you have any suggestions on stops to make along this route (National Parks, Pro-abortion rallies, cruising locations) slide into my DMs. Know anyone in these towns? Let them know I'm coming to town with a giant wagon of love and fun!|

Looking for good trouble,
Maus
20210917_203214.thumb.jpg.2e8225cf60393a0c3187463dd2c23a6d.jpg on my way in a giant rolling wagon of fun.

I'm headed to Oklahoma next - maybe OKC for a night, El Reno for a night or two, Tulsa for a night or two.

But what about Kansas? I can make a full day of driving DEN to OKC - but should I stop and smell the corn in Kansas? Should I stop in a cornfield and record a video and just keep going?

@JoeMendozaI'll definitely be in DC/Baltimore at some point after Atlanta. @BuffaloKyleI'm not sure how far north I will make it. Could be Toronto, could be NYC. Stay tuned!

On 9/25/2021 at 11:22 AM, IronMaus said:

I'm headed to Oklahoma next - maybe OKC for a night, El Reno for a night or two, Tulsa for a night or two.

But what about Kansas? I can make a full day of driving DEN to OKC - but should I stop and smell the corn in Kansas? Should I stop in a cornfield and record a video and just keep going?

@JoeMendozaI'll definitely be in DC/Baltimore at some point after Atlanta. @BuffaloKyleI'm not sure how far north I will make it. Could be Toronto, could be NYC. Stay tuned!

My family used to drive from Kansas City to Colorado for summer vacation.  I don't remember much corn in Kansas (more Nebraska & Iowa, I think) but do remember endless wheat fields.  When the wind's blowing, you understand the "amber waves of grain" metaphor.  It's really beautiful.  Aside from that (besides, wheat harvest ended in July), I wouldn't bother with my old home state.  The old joke about the Kansas Tourism Board is they run a contest where first prize is a 1-week vacation in Kansas.  2nd prize is a 2-week vacation in Kansas.

On 9/26/2021 at 6:51 PM, azdr0710 said:

If you're still in Kansas, stop in at the largest, reportedly, ball of twine

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/8543

Unfortunately I missed the ball of twine - but I did see the "world's largest easel" in Goodland, KS!

Been in OKC for a couple of days, probably headed to Dallas today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 12:50 PM, azdr0710 said:

So I went to Grizzly Pines and had a blast. When I parked, I heard a group of 4 guys having and argument about gender. Yay! I just so happened to be wearing a shirt that read "Gender Roles Are Dead" on a tombstone. When I walked up to them, two the men said "oh shit". The other two said, "welcome". It was the kind of place where you find non-binary Libertarians, friendly country non-voters, and liberal Trump Supporters - you know, the type that vote Republican but insist they are "just as welcoming to blacks as whites". Of course, there weren't any POC people there because they did not feel safe or welcome. Good thing I showed up, right? Had some great discussions with the locals and it was worth all the grief and nearly all my patience teaching these guys things that no one had taken the time to explain to them - like the difference between gender and sex, how trickle down economics led us to the unfortunate state of our economics, and that there was actually an insurrection on January 6th. It was not unlike the forum, and I am looking forward to going back.

After that, New Orleans. Met up with a few old dear friends and had drinks and food, then went on my own to the Phoenix. If you hadn't heard, a morality sweep by the city/police a few years ago - caused specifically by the jaded actions of a gay bar owner who hadn't updated his licenses resulting in 1/2 of his bar no longer allowed to be used as a sex club - stunted the sleazy haunts of New Orleans. Well screw that! I found a bartender who was off the clock, asked him if they still had sex upstairs sometimes, and had him take me up there so I could fuck his brains and butt out in a sweaty mess until my dick was rubbed raw! Got back to my RV still drunk at 5:30AM. It was exactly the New Orleans experience I craved. I hit the road at 10AM for Atlanta.

Atlanta Pride was officially cancelled by the Pride committee - so the park festivities weren't really happening accept for a big drag performance. But all the parties were still happening and EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER WAS IN TOWN. It was quite magical. I had not seen most of these people in a very long time. We had some loving, laughing, and crying to catch up on - reminiscing on times before Covid, the unfortunate circumstances that helped bring our collective support of the ideals behind BLM to fruition, and of all the people we've lost since then. There were so many deaths I was not yet aware of and that was tough to learn about. But all in all I could not have asked for a better trip to Atlanta.

Next I came to Sugar Creek  (gay) Campground. Although southern as could be, this crowd was decidedly more aware of the reality of America, politics, and BLM than some of the guys at Grizzly Pines. There were only a few guys there, and one gentleman - I'm guessing 65yo - rolled out the red carpet for me with an outdoor dinner and a bang in the sling at the "She Shack" by the river. After a heavy rain the first morning I took a swim in the river and it was gorgeous. I stayed their 2 nights and made bank the 2nd.

Now I'm in Nashville, at a very straight RV Campground - you can tell by the very large American flag they have hanging and the even larger American flag next door at Camping World. If it weren't for these very large wavy symbols, I might have forgotten what country this is! So far I've worked with a couple of clients, met with one gorgeous big bear I've been eyeing for some fun. After some FF fun with another guy I've been flirting with for years via Twitter, I'm going to get some good Tennessee BBQ and to check out the gay nightlife. I'm hoping for some hot TN bear action. Tomorrow I'm going to the new African American Museum of Music before I head to Liberty TN to see some mountain folk friends I have and then an overnight in the mountains.

TN is a big money maker for me and I had no idea. Can't wait to be back. Next I will visit my mother and family in Knoxville.