Order of Providers in RentMen and RentMasseur Platforms

MysticMenace
This topic is 960 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It probably is just me, but is there logic to how providers are ordered in both RentMen and RentMasseur. I am not necessarily referring to those that paid for the RentMan of the Day or those that have Platinum Boost or Gold memberships. During my lunch break today, I was going through the list in some major cities - NYC, DC, Miami - and I noticed that a lot of the minority providers are stacked to the latter pages. Just wondering if there is some implicit or explicit bias baked into the platform logic to present the providers in the order they are presented in (or maybe I am just imagining it). Have you noticed this?

*I figured to just post it under this forum as the topic could easily get politicized...just in case - but can put back to The Lounge if needed*

Unless you search by distance, the order is based on who is/was on-line most recently. Those who are on-line at the time appear first, followed by the shortest duration since logged in.   If you search by distance, those closest to you (assuming you enable your GPS) will appear first.  

One other variable:

Platinum Providers are always at the top, followed by the Gold. Then the basic members. Heads up: In upper two tiers, they do not have to be currently in your city to retain that position in line. If they are sketching in a visit to your city within 8 weeks or so, they will retain Available/Online status to multiple locales whenever they are logged in - even half way around the world, showing up in any/all locations that are listed as travel in the profile. It all takes getting used to. I always check mapping and his future travel plans.

Obviously larger cities are going to have more of these phantoms, and if you live in a tri-city area it’s extra complicated. LA/Weho/OC/Palm Springs for me in SoCal, for instance.    

There are some long-time providers who keep the basic membership because they have repeat clientele and don’t need the extra exposure of Gold or Platinum. I like Dilfs and some good ones don’t show up until the last page or two.

image.thumb.png.b737b7ef5598baeeaeee17753ad3de54.png

13 hours ago, RJD said:

Unless you search by distance, the order is based on who is/was on-line most recently. Those who are on-line at the time appear first, followed by the shortest duration since logged in.   If you search by distance, those closest to you (assuming you enable your GPS) will appear first.  

I've noticed that even if one sorts by distance, premium levels of membership show up first in order of distance, and then the providers with basic membership show up sorted by distance.

16 hours ago, JoeMendoza said:

It probably is just me, but is there logic to how providers are ordered in both RentMen and RentMasseur. I am not necessarily referring to those that paid for the RentMan of the Day or those that have Platinum Boost or Gold memberships. During my lunch break today, I was going through the list in some major cities - NYC, DC, Miami - and I noticed that a lot of the minority providers are stacked to the latter pages. Just wondering if there is some implicit or explicit bias baked into the platform logic to present the providers in the order they are presented in (or maybe I am just imagining it). Have you noticed this?

*I figured to just post it under this forum as the topic could easily get politicized...just in case - but can put back to The Lounge if needed*

Perhaps you could ask RentMen and RentMasseur?

17 hours ago, JoeMendoza said:

As posted by others platinum members who pay to be on the first pages are always upfront. If you search according to distance you'll see them first even if they're not close to you, and later you'll see the providers who are closer to you as long as they have their GPS on. 

I never noticed any connection between white providers in the first pages and minorities in the late pages, I think it's all about who pays extra to be seen first and who constantly clicks "set availability" to appear first. 

4 hours ago, maninsoma said:

I've noticed that even if one sorts by distance, premium levels of membership show up first in order of distance, and then the providers with basic membership show up sorted by distance.

Correct.  Premium (Platinum and Gold) will always show up first, even when searching using specific criteria.    When I left my original post, I looked at my local page.  The Platinum members appeared first.  WIthin that group, the first two were "Available Now" and on-line.  The third was on-line, but didn't have his "Available Now" indicator activated.  The next one had "Available Now" activated but was on-line 5 minutes before.    What I'm unsure of is how RM sorted those three who were on-line, i.e., did the site use the amount of time logged in or did it use the "Available Now" indicator to prioritize?   

Edited by RJD