Rentmasseur Policy on Reviews for Masseurs Who Flake....

TumYum
This topic is 994 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As I mentioned in another posting on the SPA forum, today a masseur

https://rentmasseur.com/Dustinn/submit-review/

stood me up... for an incall at his place. (He cancelled as I was parking my car.)

I wrote a "just the facts" review on Rentmasseur warning people of my misfortune and the RM site replied:

Your review was rejected.
- No meeting between masseur and client

Does anyone know the rationale for this policy? Does anyone else here find it a bit misguided?

Did you email the provider through RM?  Or did you communicate only via text?

I had one review rejected because there was no evidence we had communicated via RM email. I guessed that that was their way of weeding out fake reviews.  

For all of the other reviews that were accepted I had at least made initial contact by sending an email through their site. 

Guest Justin7402

I've had them delete a review of a meeting that took place, I think rentmasseur is pretty much like rentmen, if there's a bad review of a paying masseur they'll just remove it for them

2 hours ago, mkm556 said:

Did you email the provider through RM?  Or did you communicate only via text?

I had one review rejected because there was no evidence we had communicated via RM email. I guessed that that was their way of weeding out fake reviews.  

For all of the other reviews that were accepted I had at least made initial contact by sending an email through their site. 

All of our communication --until the very end -- was through RM. 

I guess the "fatal flaw" was that since I was left waiting in my car, the face to face meeting never happened. Hence, the valuable information I have to share on this guy will never see the light of day -- except for here.

Pity.

23 minutes ago, TumYum said:

All of our communication --until the very end -- was through RM. 

I guess the "fatal flaw" was that since I was left waiting in my car, the face to face meeting never happened. Hence, the valuable information I have to share on this guy will never see the light of day -- except for here.

Pity.

That's a shame

Even back when we had Daddy’s review to count on….Daddy didn’t like to publish “no show” reviews. From the FAQ:

“IIn general we look at these on a case-by-case basis. In general we "Hold" these type of reviews because it is very difficult to verify this type of situation.”

I’ve had no-show RentMen reviews rejected for the same reasoning, 

6 hours ago, glutes said:

TumYum, if it makes you feel any better, Dustinn played games with me back in June. I never met him after he toyed in correspondence.

Wow, thank you Mr. Glutes, and it does help..... if a masseur rejected me UPON meeting I could understand the situation (although I do think I am rather adorable, haha) - but to be cancelled when I am actually parking my car at his location is just krazy

Now, if there had been a rentmasseur review warning me, I would have saved a good amount of time, energy, and stress.

At least he had the “courtesy” to text you. I had a masseur who didn’t answer his door and went into radio silence leaving me to wonder whether to call 911 or if I should just leave….

Another masseur called me as I had waited at his door for 20 minutes….to inform me that he was running errands and would be back in an hour…and got really pissy when I told him I was leaving and not rescheduling.

3 hours ago, dbar123 said:

At least he had the “courtesy” to text you. I had a masseur who didn’t answer his door and went into radio silence leaving me to wonder whether to call 911 or if I should just leave….

Another masseur called me as I had waited at his door for 20 minutes….to inform me that he was running errands and would be back in an hour…and got really pissy when I told him I was leaving and not rescheduling.

All I can say is WOW.

And, really, when RentMasseur won't allow us to warn others  of such behaviors, they are doing our community a great disservice. (And i appreciate that you put the word courtesy in quotes... indeed...)

On 9/5/2021 at 4:18 PM, TumYum said:

RentMasseur won't allow us to warn others  of such behaviors, they are doing our community a great disservice.

I don't think this kind of provider lasts in the market anyway. I'm very much into Latin men but I took a look at the profile and I don't think you missed anything. The fact that the location (Montclair, NJ) is not a metropolitan area could be a factor that makes it hard to find guys who are more professional. Consider prospecting guys you like, who are in the vicinity and have (positive) reviews. It could be worth the trip! 😉

Not great for reviews (that what this forum is for) but not totally worthless. I use the RM reviews to suss out what people are paying and also things like bed/table/setup, what the studio space is like, neighborhood/parking, etc. It’s also useful for time booked vs actual time. 

But I agree the reviews themselves need to be taken with a grain of salt. 

On 9/6/2021 at 7:17 PM, jharrison10343 said:

Reviews on Rentmasseur are worthless. The site makes its money from masseurs paying to be listed on the site, and doesn't generate a dime from clients, so their only concern is keeping masseurs happy. Any review that isn't glowing is going to be deleted.

I will BEG TO DIFFER....

I had two HORRIBLE masseur experiences. . I wrote a scathing but clean review (i.e factual but no foul language etc).  

Both were posted. I made sure to msg the masseur first - stating  "hey thanks for the massage today" which they responded back (thus confirming we communicated)

I agree I like this site so one can warn another.  Talking to one of the admins, there will be a review section coming in the hopefully near future.