US-Canada border to reopen!

fedssocr1
This topic is 1026 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

38 minutes ago, Scott Virginian said:

The only people who have a problem with it appear to be those who refuse to get the vaccine for political reasons, and they’ve successfully bullied and intimidated the rest of us. 

Whether it's the result of bullying or complicity, there are politicians state and federal in the US who have resisted or declined to use or even allow proof of vaccination. But with the Canadian border the 'But mah rights' crowd face a different circumstance, a foreign government (or to be precise, a foreign border official) who tells them that their right not to carry proof ends at the border, and they have a simple choice, show proof or climb back on that plane and go home.

9 hours ago, mike carey said:

...But with the Canadian border the 'But mah rights' ...

I love your Southern accent from Down Under! 😄

It's a little funny to me that Joe and Justin couldn't manage to coordinate on this one.... but I look eagerly forward to the return of our American friends all the same! 

Don't forget to download ArriveCan, folks, you'll save heaps of time. 

17 hours ago, DanteV said:

It's a little funny to me that Joe and Justin couldn't manage to coordinate on this one....

I think that a simultaneous, reciprocal opening would have sent the signal that this was a political/diplomatic decision, and the Biden administration is stressing that these decisions are being made based on science, and based on the advice of the CDC. Assuming that Canada is also following the science and their health agencies, it makes sense that they would operate at different speeds, and the openings would not be simultaneous.

1 hour ago, corndog said:

I think that a simultaneous, reciprocal opening would have sent the signal that this was a political/diplomatic decision, and the Biden administration is stressing that these decisions are being made based on science, and based on the advice of the CDC. Assuming that Canada is also following the science and their health agencies, it makes sense that they would operate at different speeds, and the openings would not be simultaneous.

I think that is an astute observation 

On 7/23/2021 at 9:40 PM, DanteV said:

It's a little funny to me that Joe and Justin couldn't manage to coordinate on this one.... but I look eagerly forward to the return of our American friends all the same! 

Don't forget to download ArriveCan, folks, you'll save heaps of time. 

I couldn’t find a way to upload my vax card. Do you have THAT link? Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Pensant said:

I couldn’t find a way to upload my vax card. Do you have THAT link? Many thanks!

We don't even have vax cards. The Ontario govt is opposed. The feds probably not until Dec at the earliest. All we have are our vax receipts, which I have encased in plastic since they are fragile pieces of paper.

11 hours ago, Pensant said:

You've downloaded the app? It's done as part of filling out a general arrival application (just went through the process myself, returning from Chicago tomorrow). You'll be prompted. But to begin the application you'll need your flights booked. 

If that's not making sense feel free to shoot me a DM. 

11 hours ago, DanteV said:

You've downloaded the app? It's done as part of filling out a general arrival application (just went through the process myself, returning from Chicago tomorrow). You'll be prompted. But to begin the application you'll need your flights booked. 

If that's not making sense feel free to shoot me a DM. 

Got it. Thanks. However, I’m only a few hours south of Van, so I’ll either take the train from Everett or drive.

6 hours ago, Pensant said:

Got it. Thanks. However, I’m only a few hours south of Van, so I’ll either take the train from Everett or drive.

Unless you are Canadian or permanent resident, you won't get in until August 9th. 

Fauchi said today WH is actively looking at letting fully vaxxed Canadians in by land or water crossings. Reciprocity by any other name.