Which do you find more attractive?

This topic is 760 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

50 minutes ago, cougar said:

I am a larger dog lover. I have a championship breed Golden Retriever that is eight years old. This is my second Golden from this professional breeder. He always gets the looks and compliments; I have even had people stop their car to tell me how beautiful he is. I will be retired when he reaches the end of his normal life span and I am conflicted if I would like to have another golden at that time, I think it will be nice to travel freely and enjoy a home with less fur. Fur is everywhere and you will never be able to keep your house free of it. 

Ours don't shed that much, and this was a consideration when I got a dog. Yellow labs are similar in size and appearance to golden retrievers, have similar calm and friendly demeanors, but have much less fur. Do you live in a chilly area?

I have twin "pandemic" rough collies and boy do I get your dog fur everywhere comment.  I keep a tape roller in my car as well a few throughout the house.  Both dogs weigh almost 70 lbs and are on "go" all the time.   However, I wouldn't trade them for the world! They have my heart!  Plus, my 17 year old siamese loves them, too.

Edited by CatDaddy

22 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Ours don't shed that much, and this was a consideration when I got a dog. Yellow labs are similar in size and appearance to golden retrievers, have similar calm and friendly demeanors, but have much less fur. Do you live in a chilly area?

I live in Southern Florida

4 hours ago, cougar said:

I live in Southern Florida

Then, I'd recommend a yellow lab, if that's the color you like. Or, if you think black labs matter, a black lab (or a chocolate lab if you think chocolate labs matter). 😄

Are All Labrador Retrievers the Same?