PRIDE Events Effect On Business

Rocca
This topic is 1039 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In my experience, it has usually been. I've typically had a higher volume of inquiries that weekend, and although seeing a bunch of clients back-to-back isn't really my style, so I couldn't take full advantage of all those inquiries, I've also had longer bookings with some real sweethearts from south of the border who were in town for the weekend.

I live in Vancouver, where pride is later in the summer, and we typically get a lot of visitors from the US and Alberta, so I can't speak for every city. But for me it's been a weekend to look forward to for work and for fun!

Who knows? I’ve tried to understand the patterns of business but it always defeats me. Sometimes it seems to be the phase of the moon that decides whether or not I’m busy…

The only pattern I can see is that the start of the month is slightly busier, because I think people have been paid (monthly pay cheques in UK). That’s all, otherwise it’s random. 

My experience has usually been the opposite. The week leading up to pride can be ok for business, but generally I avoid working during pride. More people in town, but they’re generally hooking up with each other or are too busy to hook up with you. 

Accidentally ended up in KC for pride in 2016 and almost just went to the festival instead.  

From past experience with an ads up during pride, it was crickets. As my other posts allude to, one-offs don't make my year, it's regulars. Xmas, holidays, summers and vacations with the regs. Pride is a passing event that might attract the short term horny client, but IMO that's not where the money is for me personally. And frankly, it's more of a detriment to my business as my regs don't partake in Pride or are even remotely visible during that time.