Pageants this Weekend

MysticMenace
This topic is 1039 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So yep - I'm that guy. As busy as I am with work during weekdays, I am especially looking forward to this weekend for the following:

• Mister Supranational USA (May 14) - one of fave masseurs and now a friend will be competing and cheering him on!
  • Miss Universe (May 16) - cannot wait mostly for the nerve-wracking Q&As!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never heard of Mister Supranational but that's awesome your fave masseur is in it!!!! :)

As for the Q&As, I wonder if Miss Universe will change the final Q&A format to be similar to how they did Miss USA 2020 last fall. It was 2 rounds where one was Q&A and another was a final statement on a relevant topic (i.e. climate change, voter supression, mental health, income inequality, etc.)

never gets old

I remember this became viral long ago.

But just now I realize THAT was the answer of a teen.

Not shocking at all considering the context. You can't expect much of a teen.

And I'd say that having millions watching you also plays a factor in not delivering the best answer.

Call me ignorant but what I don't consider acceptable these days is contestants showing up with ZERO knowledge of English.

I remember this became viral long ago.

But just now I realize THAT was the answer of a teen.

Not shocking at all considering the context. You can't expect much of a teen.

And I'd say that having millions watching you also plays a factor in not delivering the best answer.

Call me ignorant but what I don't consider acceptable these days is contestants showing up with ZERO knowledge of English.

I always thought those ladies know English but prefer to have a really good interpreter which buys them time to think of a really good answer in their native tongue (and have the interpreter say it in English in a clear/articulate manner.)

hmm...actually just arrived - got small veggie pizza, philly cheese steak, and hot wings. I'll prolly have a bigger feast on Sunday since that'll be the coronation night for miss universe.

I'll come over tomorrow for leftovers while watching Mister Supra ;)