A question about “Into” section on RM

BtmBearDad
This topic is 1087 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Gents,

Just curious about how much attention you give to what a provider ticks off under his “Into” on his profile.

When weighed with whatever text is given, some read like what the provider likes, while others can read like how the provider sees himself.

For example, does ticking off “daddy” mean the provider sees himself as one, or likes daddies? Same with “smoking” - does he smoke? Tolerant of clients who smoke? Or does this mean cigar play? Or how about how they, the provider, define certain “intos” they tick off - I see some describe themselves as a “bear” in their text, yet they’re just hairy. So do they consider a bear as someone who is just hairy, not the usual gay-finition of bear.

When I reach out to a gent, I’m upfront about me physically, and what I’m lookin for, and usually refer them to my RM profile. So far, no misses, but I’m wondering if I’m viewing the “Into” correctly as a search option ?

Any input is always appreciated!

Thanks!

BBD

There’s always some degree of ambiguity in the “Into” section, mostly about who’s giving or receiving. That’s where the pre-booking discussion comes in. Unfortunately there are providers who shut down the conversation by telling clients that everything’s in their “Into” section.

You appear to be reading too much into the into's. If it's there, I'm presuming it's what THEY are into, not necessarily what they are. A perfect example of this is foreskin. There are cut guys who like seeing men who have what they don't as an into. It doesn't automatically mean they are uncut.

The area I look at is whether erotic massage is listed. If it is, even if it ISN'T on a rent masseur ad or similar - score!

There’s always some degree of ambiguity in the “Into” section, mostly about who’s giving or receiving. That’s where the pre-booking discussion comes in. Unfortunately there are providers who shut down the conversation by telling clients that everything’s in their “Into” section.

I concur - that there is a certain (purposeful?) level of ambiguity, and that the pre-booking conversation is key.

I’ve seen posts where clients complain nothing/not enough is ticked; I’ve also seen posts where the complaints are everything/too much is ticked. To me, if everything else still retains one’s interest, that’s where there pre-booking conversation really matters in nailing down specifics/expectations. As I’ve said, I’ve never had misses in terms of activities to be expected - my misses have normally been about chemistry, feeling it’s “a fit” more than anything else.

I created the thread as I was just curious how much weight others give to the “into” when deciding, and whether or not I was potentially missing something.

As soon as I see PNP, my reading is over.

I think that can be tricky. I know two well reviewed providers who do not drink, smoke, or otherwise indulge, yet they either check PNP or have something like “you can party, but I don’t” in their text. Again, it’s the individual call of the hobbyist, but that wouldn’t be an automatic red card for me depending on the pre-booking conversation.

The one I look for is kissing as it's a must for me. If it's not listed I move on. I could ask but then I know it's still not something they probably are really into or big on.

Yes, you would think "providers" would make some effort and check basic things upfront. Asking if they do X, Y or Z that is not listed might put some pressure into them saying yes even if they're not into it with most clients.

PNP is a hard nope! I alway look for nipples and armpits but sometimes I wonder if some providers just check everything to cast a wide net....

I have a mental list:

Important: anal, oral, kissing

Desired: rimming

No go: PNP

But everything requires confirmation. The general aspect of the page--pics, text, stats--also matters in my response to what is in "into." I tend to skip over ads that list nothing, figuring that I might get nothing.