Michael Phelps II

Trixie
This topic is 5724 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know ariadne1880 I'm with you on this one.RE: Michael Phelps II

Glad you mentioned it first because it's obvious you are having your period. You should think about putting in your tampon the other way around. It might help open up the plugged up hole that is obviously your brain.

>I just a moment ago listened to a radio interview with

>Phelps. The interviewer asked him if having just become the

>all time winner of total Olympic Metals wasn't a bit like

>Christmas. There was a short pause and then Phelps responded,

>"Oh no Christmas comes one a year

Thankfully, the boy knows his calendar.

this will come only

>once in my lifetime." I loved the answer and nobody will

>convince me that the kid is moved.

I sincerely hope he doesn't fall into a spiral some medalists do. After the cereal boxes, talk shows, and public viewings I hope he has something else to sustain himself? Is he in college or has he graduated?

>OK, fellows, our fellow "cyberfriend" has addressed

>almost everyone's reponse to Twixie's thread (which I find to

>be rather odd), so now let us all get back to the initial

Who are you referring to as "cyberfriend"?

>topic. I think the creator of it would be more than pleased.

>I think he would like to know the thoughts of others!

Anyone with a valid sign-on name can post freely, correct? I guess it is up to the individual if they want to contribute? Is an advertisement really necessary?

I responded to a post about his physical attractiveness because, while reading the post, I heard a loud, distinct LOGO lisp. Sometimes physical beauty (which is always in the eye of the beholder) can be diminished by the appearance of disdain, boredom or the fact he may feel entitled.

You know ariadne1880 I'm with you on this one.RE: Michael Phelps II

>Glad you mentioned it first because it's obvious you are

>having your period. You should think about putting in your

>tampon the other way around. It might help open up the plugged

>up hole that is obviously your brain.

Now that was completely, as you like to say 362 times, ...

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2627/410pxoverthetopwf6.jpg

>this is heartwarming:

>http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/10/sports/olympics/10Rparent.html?pagewanted=1

It sounds like he had many of the indicators for ADHD early on in his life. He was fortunate to have had the signs so early as late diagnosis often comes after treatments, different teaching methods and medical interventions not having the same effect if started earlier at different developmental stages.

Having ADHD, for the majority of the time, has no connection with intelligence. ADHD is not a learning disability (like Asthma, MS and CP, ADHD is protected by the ADA). Most individuals with ADHD have normal to above normal intelligence. He obviously excels in areas of spatial awareness and mathematics. Those intellectual gifts coupled with his physical prowess have enabled him to achieve the Gold he has achieved.

Sadly, he stopped his medication treatment for ADHD for all the wrong reasons. Though I can't completely blame the mother (something has happened in this country where children began telling parents how to parent) I blame the school as well. There is nothing more important to a school-aged child than the acceptance of peers. Michael didn't have to receive his medication via a parade of shame down the hall to the nurse. There other discreet ways that it could have been done without his "buds" catching on.

Thankfully, this swimming expression allowed him to focus his ability to pay attention to everything in a positive way. ADHD is not necessarily the inability to focus. At times, it's the ability to focus on everything and that can be a hindrance.

After all of this I am still feeling the way I initially did about this culture's greed and the need to "get as much as possible". His mom answers questions on a website for an ADHD medication that her son never took? Isn't that misleading and disingenuous to these parents asking questions? Her responses would be limited to raising an un-medicated child with ADHD.

I champion what he has done despite his ADHD. When swimming is no longer an option (I don't know if it will be his own age first or another young buck breaking his records) what will he have? Having ADHD as an adult can often have more issues. Will he turn to other substances for that feeling of calmness when he can no longer blow everyone out of the water.

I have to echo what "a nice guy" shared in his post. It was sad to see he couldn't even have the decency to remain respectful for his country's flag. That isn't ADHD. That's arrogance and out right disrespect. It's his choice not to sing the anthem. His his choice not to put his hand on his heart. Out of the dignity of the occasion, non-teen like behavior would have been warranted.

Guest zipperzone

>I sincerely hope he doesn't fall into a spiral some medalists

>do. After the cereal boxes, talk shows, and public viewings I

>hope he has something else to sustain himself? Is he in

>college or has he graduated?

Maybe he'll fall into the spiral that pays over a million bucks a year. There must be companies coming out of the woodwork who would pay that much to pay him for shilling their product.

>...Tonight (Tuesday) I fell asleep watching the Olympics. I woke up in time to see the USA men's swim team receive their gold medal. I was disappointed...I absolutely deplore Michael's behavior nearing the end of our National Anthem--he was chatting and giggling with one of his team mates. You'd be hard-pressed to find an athlete from another country talking during their anthem...

Boy, you took the words right out of my mouth!! I was really getting to like the guy until that happened. That type of behavior is just plain wrong and he sure isn't helping the US image abroad.

I find Phelps's immense protruding jaw quite ugly. Certainly all the rest of his immense protruding body parts are very beautiful. But all the swimmers have that wonderful definition and huge shoulders and many of them are much better looking than Phelps (although the cameras rarely linger long on anyone else).

I think the American gymnast Kevin Tan is very hot, but then I love butch Asian men. There's a beauty or two on the Chinese gymnast team too. Can't recall the names.

Even now, I am shuddering with joy and teary-eyed, thinking upon those images. Whatever small imperfections his face may have, he is forever to me the very spirit of the Olympics, the human body an spirit as One, Divine.

I don't think I've ever read a more over-the-top, gay statment. This is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time....

Although I find some keen attraction to Michael Phelps (He wears a size 14 shoe! WOW!)-- there are truly some other hot guys from other countries. I had a rush when the camera briefly focused on the others!

So, I clap and applaud the other poster who made mention of this!

Lucky at the Olympics the American media has always picked out a "chosen one" to hype. How many of these Olympic Stars are still shinning today:

Rafer Johnson - 1960

Mark Spitz - 1972

Bruce Jenner - 1976

Mary Lou Retton - 1984

Bonnie Blain 1988/92

>Hey, at least he knows the proper way to wear those awful new

>swimsuits:

>

>

If I'm not mistaken, this photo was from the race that this thread's "OP" mentioned. Like I said in an earlier response, I could "feel" the excitement during that scene--and, the way Michael was "wearing" that outfit, made the excitement all the more extreme! He and the other swimmers are definitely "hot" when wearing the swimsuit as displayed in this picture.

Guest zipperzone

>He and the

>other swimmers are definitely "hot" when wearing the

>swimsuit as displayed in this picture.

Too bad the pic wasn't shot from behind. He must be showing a good few inches of butt crack.

:-) :9 :-) E I G H T! E I G H T! E I G H T! E I G H T! E I G H T! E I G H T :-) :9 :-)

As everyone who have kept up with this year's Olympics must know that the number "8" in Chinese culture is a magic number-- one that is equated with luck and happiness! Well, again, as the world knows, this number paid off "BIG TIME" for our Michael Phelps!

Congratulations, young man! I hope you will continue to keep your head about you during these times of your successes! I wish you well!

:-) :9 :-) E I G H T! E I G H T! E I G H T! E I G H T! E I G H T! E I G H T :-) :9 :-)

As everyone who have kept up with this year's Olympics must know that the number "8" in Chinese culture is a magic number-- one that is equated with luck and happiness! Well, again, as the world knows, this number paid off "BIG TIME" for our Michael Phelps!

Congratulations, young man! I hope you will continue to keep your head about you during these times of your successes! I wish you well!

Archived