Michael Phelps II

Trixie
This topic is 5729 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Having watched replay after replay today of Michael Phelps' triumphant cheer upon the win of the men's relay, I can only reassert that he is 2 DIE 4!!!!.

The clenched fists, the twitching leg as his teammate reached the finish, the veins that bulged in his neck (and every other part of his body) as he screamed "FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Oh my goodness, what I wouldn't give to be the second man in his life to coax such a reaction out of him!

Even now, I am shuddering with joy and teary-eyed, thinking upon those images. Whatever small imperfections his face may have, he is forever to me the very spirit of the Olympics, the human body an spirit as One, Divine.

Breathlessly,

La Trix

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love my country. I love the freedoms this country affords to its legal citizens. With the love of freedoms comes the ability to use the freedom of speech where one can share what they also take issue about this country.

I take issue with what Michael Phelps represents. To me, in my freedom of speech opinion, he represents this country's darkest side: greed and overall philosophy of "why have 1 when you can have 2 OR MORE".

Last night in an interview, poor Michael was explaining how he had little time to himself between his two races yesterday. So much time was taken up by "walking" as he described it and the fact time was consumed due to his medal ceremony. Wha what!? You are complaining that you didn't have enough time to listen to your motivational rap music between races because you were too busy being awarded a GOLD MEDAL?

USA ... large size it please. USA ... 1 is pretty but 10 would be swell! Phelps is on a mission to beat Mark Spitz's record of winning 7 Gold in one Olympics. At what Gold Medal, at what flag raising ceremony will Phelps get jaded. Do these Gold Medals mean anything to him? Will they have any importance if he actually doesn't win anymore? Will he enjoy the two he has now from this Olympics? Do these two mean anything to him as one apparently took time away from him?

Abhinav Bindra won the Gold Medal in the 10-meter air rifle Monday, giving India its first medal of the Olympics and this country's first individual Gold EVER. His family looked beyond ecstatic. Abhinav's joy could not be contained when he received the only medal he will receive in these games. Indian television was dominated by this event. Welcoming home events of presidential proportions are being planned for him. His one medal has given him, his family and an entire country more pride than Phelps medals so far could muster up. I wonder if Phelps is going to be so warmly received if he falls short of the 7.

The woman's fencing team won the Gold, Silver, and Bronze. That was an incredible ceremony to see our flag in all three spots. The men's gymnastic team won the Bronze and you would have thought it was the Gold. That was true pride. Are people feeling the same way for Phelps who has a shameless merchandise section on his own personal website?

Congratulations to Abhinav.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/8434/39125536bm7.jpg

>He's hunky in a dorky sort of way ... hard to describe ....

"He's hunky...!" He's definitely that, but in an undescribable way! ...agreed strongly but question the word "dorky!"

This morning when I viewed his brief, brief chat that he had with the anchor from the "Today Show," I kept looking and assessing his physicalness overall and kept saying to myself that I am truly attractive to this tall wonder and could eat and lick him from top to bottom, but again-- I ask what is it that "turns me on to this very, very, very adept swimmer and young man in general!

>Get back on your meds.

I am sorry your perception is geared in such a way that you must assume someone has mishandled pharmaceuticals because they expressed something.

>Another over-the-top response to an

>off-the-cuff comment by Mr. Phelps. Puh leeze.

He seemed pretty serious talking to that NBC interviewer when he said his 50 minutes between "performances" was occupied with walking to the next swimming competition and having to go through a medal ceremony.

Waiting on ATM lines is tedious. Being in back of someone with 31 items on the 10 items or less line is tedious. Not being able to center yourself with tones of 50 Cent because you have to receive a GOLD medal is not inconvenient. It's a possibility he was aware of while flying over to China.

By the way ariadne,

http://fapomatic.com/0832/button_zucchini.jpg

Let the men voice their ideas and opinions for the good of the order; let us NOT write anything that smacks of disparagement!

I disagreed with VDN's assessment of cutie but will not write anything negative about the poster; if that is his view, so be it. His comments do NOT diminish anything that others think! Remember we have tacitly vowed NOT to attack anyone anymore based on his personal views and takes on the subjects that are presented here!! I think this was agreed to quietly about a month ago!

Personally, I want Michael to amass 10 gold medals if he can, but if he doesn't I will not be upset.

If you had listened to the conversation that his mother and sisters had with Matt Lauer just this morning, apparently the media has placed this goal on him. That is what I ascertained from what I heard Mr. Lauer present and discuss with the three important women in his life right now!

>Let the men voice their ideas and opinions for the good of

>the order; let us NOT write anything that smacks of

>disparagement!

Indeed! And I have nothing against zucchinis.

>If you had listened to the conversation that his mother and

>sisters had with Matt Lauer

"Listened to" and "Matt Lauer" all in the same sentence!? That is a hard task for me. I feel he is the King of Blather. In the harbor of journalism he is not a lighthouse.

>media has placed this goal on him. That is what I ascertained

>from what I heard Mr. Lauer present and discuss with the three

>important women in his life right now!

I am sure the media has put a spotlight on this race for Gold. Maybe if I want to know more about what is driving him I can, for $19.99, order one of his DVD's ( http://www.michaelphelps.com ) and get more insight. You can also pick up one of these!

https://www.swimwiththestars.com/store/images/products/tshirt-love-phelps-thumb.gif

You know ariadne1880 I'm with you on this one.RE: Michael Phelps II

You know ariadne1880 I'm with you on this one.

ValleyDwellerNorth I think it is absolutely wonderful that Abhinav Bindra won a gold medal in the 10-meter air rifle on Monday. I am certain that many of his countrymen are overjoyed and that is as it should be. I don’t, however, quite understand how Mr. Bindra’s gold metal diminishes the significance of the eight swimming gold metals that Michael Phelps is attempting to win. Mark Spitz won seven swimming gold metal in the ’72 Olympics and established a record that has lasted for 36 years. It was a magnificent individual athletic accomplishment AND a wonderful mark for which other swimmer could strive to best. I personally believe that it is highly commendable for individuals and teams in all areas of life to have goals and strive to meet or beat them.

Call me old fashioned, dated or reactionary if you wish BUT I sincerely believe that the ability of the people of the United States, throughout this nations history, to set and best goals has been a major factor in making this country great, successful, and wonderful. The United States isn’t perfect, by a damn shot, but for me and many other it is still a wonderful place to call home. Damn I am beginning to sound like a revival preacher.

I sincerely hope Michael Phelps wins his 8 metals and then the next person can start dreaming and working to win 9.

>When someone writes something that is so over-the-top that it

>is a rant and sounds like they forget to take their medication

>I'm going to comment.

You must be tired a lot. Anything you don't like is immediately classified a "rant". More than that, since you view it as over the top you feel meds should be involved to silence the offender. There are many things you must find as over-the-top as you can't surely agree with the whole world. This type of "thinking" must be exhausting.

>It's one thing to express an opinion but when it is done in

>such a "queenly" way ... well ....

Your name, Ariadne, is the daughter of the mythological QUEEN Pasiphaë. Since there was a cult that followed Ariadne I could see how susceptible you are to group-think regarding Michael P.

Epigonos ,

>overjoyed and that is as it should be. I don’t, however,

>quite understand how Mr. Bindra’s gold metal diminishes the

>significance of the eight swimming gold metals that Michael

>Phelps is attempting to win. Mark Spitz won seven swimming

Me neither. Where was that point made? The contrast in the elated joy over Bindra's 1 Gold compared to the underwhelmed reactions of Phelps expected multiple Golds is a big contrast.

>has lasted for 36 years. It was a magnificent individual

>athletic accomplishment AND a wonderful mark for which other

>swimmer could strive to best. I personally believe that it is

>highly commendable for individuals and teams in all areas of

>life to have goals and strive to meet or beat them.

Agreed. I hope Phelps has it all in the same perspective at Spitz did. Sadly, it's a different time with all of the endorsement deals, temptations, hype, etc.

>I sincerely hope Michael Phelps wins his 8 metals and then the

>next person can start dreaming and working to win 9.

I wish him 10, 20, 30 ... I wish him the fulfillment of his dreams. To me (and again, I don't think sharing opinions means a prescription pad is needed), I am not seeing the true appreciation but more of the fact this Gold glory is expected.

I wonder if straight men feel this passionately about Michael.

ValleyDwellerNorth:

1. Not everybody expresses joy in the same manner.

2. Spitz was hired for a huge number of endorsements. Sadly he just wasn't very good and they dried up almost immediately.

3. "I am not seeing the true appreciation but more of the fact this Gold glory is expected." Simply because you aren't seeing it doesn't mean it isn't there AND simply because you think it appears expected again doesn't make it so.

Hello Epigonos

>1. Not everybody expresses joy in the same manner.

That is the inherent beauty of joy. It can be expressed in range from the very simple and understated to the flamboyant and electrifying.

>2. Spitz was hired for a huge number of endorsements. Sadly

>he just wasn't very good and they dried up almost

>immediately.

He wasn't good at pimping out a product line like many athletes do today or he wasn't good at swimming overall?

>3. "I am not seeing the true appreciation but more of

>the fact this Gold glory is expected." Simply because

>you aren't seeing it doesn't mean it isn't there AND simply

>because you think it appears expected again doesn't make it

>so.

Good points. What makes it appear not expected to you, and maybe others? There are many things in life we can't see (greed, bigotry) but they are there.

> I wish him 10, 20, 30 ... I wish him the fulfillment of his dreams.

Coulda fooled me. You've left me wondering who pissed in your cornflakes this morning. ;-)

> I am not seeing the true appreciation but more of the fact this

> Gold glory is expected.

We're watching a different guy, then.

I'm seeing a guy who seems genuinely grateful for each win, no matter how pre-ordained. I'm seeing a guy who is trying like HELL not to let the media hype carry him away. He could easily have become the Brody Whatever from the SLC games, all hyped up and delivering nothing. He isn't.

Expected? Well, every swimmer in the 200 Free said they were swimming for 2nd place. Phelps last lost that event to Ian Thorpe and hasn't lost it since. When your competitors acknowledge it, you can rightly claim it and STILL he didn't. He could easily have taken a relaxing swim and won handily. Some swimmers would pace themselves. He was having none of that! In that event, he was clearly in it to win it!

I'm rather enjoying watching it and getting more and more impressed with Phelps outside the pool with each interview.

The thing that's irritating the crap out of me about the Olympics is NBC's "Live" this and "Live" that ... while we watch it on a 3-hour delay. <chuckle> And why the HELL do the female beach volleyball players wear the smallest possible bikinis but the men wear over-sized board shorts and a shirt the size of a circus tent?!?!?

I mean, come on people! Let's get to the REAL issues! ;-)

>> I wish him 10, 20, 30 ... I wish him the fulfillment of

>his dreams.

>

>Coulda fooled me. You've left me wondering who pissed in your

>cornflakes this morning. ;-)

Nice. Now you are going to claim I am having my period because I seem to be such a BITCH!? Men! ;) Maybe I do need to change breakfast cereals.

>We're watching a different guy, then.

Individual perception, I suppose, is what gives life some spice.

What do you see here? The makings of a sandwich? I succulent cock? I see Phelps' non-appreciation.

http://fapomatic.com/0832/89breadislifebig_1.jpg

>I love my country. I love the freedoms this country affords

>to its legal citizens. With the love of freedoms comes the

>ability to use the freedom of speech where one can share what

>they also take issue about this country.

>

>I take issue with what Michael Phelps represents. To me, in

>my freedom of speech opinion, he represents this country's

>darkest side: greed and overall philosophy of "why have 1

>when you can have 2 OR MORE".

>

I live near Baltimore and I am partial to Michael...I could feel the excitement expressed by Michael during the final seconds of Monday's relay that his team won--

Tonight (Tuesday) I fell asleep watching the Olympics. I woke up in time to see the USA men's swim team receive their gold medal. I was disappointed...I absolutely deplore Michael's behavior nearing the end of our National Anthem--he was chatting and giggling with one of his team mates. You'd be hard-pressed to find an athlete from another country talking during their anthem. I guess that's what makes us Americans, though. The cameras switch to Michael's mother sometimes during the anthems and she is tearful and singing; I feel safe in saying he didn't learn poor behavior from her example. I don't expect Michael to "tear up" while the anthem is playing, but I would expect him to be more respectful as the World watches. This does, indeed, make me wonder what he represents...

OK, fellows, our fellow "cyberfriend" has addressed almost everyone's reponse to Twixie's thread (which I find to be rather odd), so now let us all get back to the initial topic. I think the creator of it would be more than pleased. I think he would like to know the thoughts of others!

I just went to the website (given in the above reponse) and printed the article about "Our Young Man, Michael" that appeared in the NYTIMES on August 10. After reading the first three paragraphs, I got a glimpse as to what makes Michael a "TRUE WINNER" for his family, his country, and lastly, himself!

I am indeed pleased and enamored by his recent accomplishments. I applaud him thunderously!

(He entered China sporting that sexy 'stach which enhanced his lean look; when he returns to the US, I hope he has one, too, along with all of those beautiful gold medals hanging from his long and lean sexy neck!)

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!

I just a moment ago listened to a radio interview with Phelps. The interviewer asked him if having just become the all time winner of total Olympic Metals wasn't a bit like Christmas. There was a short pause and then Phelps responded, "Oh no Christmas comes one a year this will come only once in my lifetime." I loved the answer and nobody will convince me that the kid is moved.

Archived