MLB 2021 Baseball Season

Lucky
This topic is 921 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The Dodgers play four games in St. Louis in September. So Albert Pujols can greatly look forward to four very long standing ovation.

The Dodgers are likely to be a team to beat in the post season. Even if Pujols comes off the bench as a pinch hitting and helps to win one game it may be worth it

Edited by WilliamM

Went to a Red Sox game a few years ago.  Such a remarkable and wonderful park experience.  The history, that "feeling" I got wondering around the ball part.  Even got to see Big Papi hit a homer.  Not at all a lifetime fan, so I know my fandom doesn't count for much in the great scheme of things.  But I was so grateful for the experience, and cheer for them when I can.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS, EVEN FOR HIM…

Kevin Kiermaier has eye irritation stemming from eyelash

Kevin Kiermaier has another freak injury: left eye irritation stemming from an eyelash.

Kiermaier left Saturday night’s game against Toronto in the fifth inning after first experiencing discomfort while shagging balls during batting practice.

“A couple minutes in, I was like, dang it, I got an eyelash in my eye,” Kiermaier said. “There was an eyelash in there and then we rinsed my eye, and then it disappeared or kind of went into one of these crevices or whatever. Once that happened, everything took a turn for the worse.”

“I don’t know how or if we scratched, that’s definitely what it feels like,” Kiermaier added. “I keep telling people it just feels like a piece of sand on the inside of my eyelid. Every time I blink, just pressure, irritation, a scratching feeling.”

Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash said Kiermaier was not scheduled to start in Sunday’s game against the Blue Jays but was available off the bench.

Kiermaier felt slight improvement Sunday.

“Still feel a little bit of a scratch or irritation, whatever we’ve got going on in there,” he said.

Kiermaier has a history of offbeat injuries, including hurting his hand during a base-running slide and injuring a wrist while attempting a diving catch.

“It’s just one of those weird things,” he said. “Seems like this stuff could only happen to me. Got to get through it and roll with the punches. I’ll be fine. I assume I’ll be 100% whenever my eye chooses to cooperate, but we’re kind of waiting for that moment.”

On 8/23/2017 at 11:55 PM, samhexum said:

Prettiest eyes & best grooming in baseball:

611b4235028e2a2f9b68f4b1acb353ba.jpg.1a2196d02f05da52fa9b150141ef375f.jpg

Edited by samhexum

2 hours ago, samhexum said:

THIS IS RIDICULOUS, EVEN FOR HIM…

Kevin Kiermaier has eye irritation stemming from eyelash

Kevin Kiermaier has another freak injury: left eye irritation stemming from an eyelash.

Kiermaier left Saturday night’s game against Toronto in the fifth inning after first experiencing discomfort while shagging balls during batting practice.

“A couple minutes in, I was like, dang it, I got an eyelash in my eye,” Kiermaier said. “There was an eyelash in there and then we rinsed my eye, and then it disappeared or kind of went into one of these crevices or whatever. Once that happened, everything took a turn for the worse.”

“I don’t know how or if we scratched, that’s definitely what it feels like,” Kiermaier added. “I keep telling people it just feels like a piece of sand on the inside of my eyelid. Every time I blink, just pressure, irritation, a scratching feeling.”

Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash said Kiermaier was not scheduled to start in Sunday’s game against the Blue Jays but was available off the bench.

Kiermaier felt slight improvement Sunday.

“Still feel a little bit of a scratch or irritation, whatever we’ve got going on in there,” he said.

Kiermaier has a history of offbeat injuries, including hurting his hand during a base-running slide and injuring a wrist while attempting a diving catch.

“It’s just one of those weird things,” he said. “Seems like this stuff could only happen to me. Got to get through it and roll with the punches. I’ll be fine. I assume I’ll be 100% whenever my eye chooses to cooperate, but we’re kind of waiting for that moment.”

A common situation, hardly freak.

Jacob Degrom is the best pitcher in baseball.  Off the injured list he pitched 5 innings gave up three hits and a home run and stuck out 9 while walking none.   Of course the Mets got him only one run so he had a no decision even though the Mets went on to win the game.  

Any other foolish nominations for best pitcher in baseball?

1 hour ago, BuffaloKyle said:

How could I also forget to have mentioned that the Toronto Blue Jays resumed playing in Buffalo last night. First time in over 100 years an MLB game in front of fans was played here!

Sahlen-Field-Front.jpg

So you've never been to a game there! Well, at least an MLB game...

• 4 weeks later...

I went to see the Texas Rangers last night in their new ballpark.  It's not JerryWorld, but it is nice.  Air Conditioned baseball was greatness.  Because outside the dew point was 70, the humidity was in swamp crotch mode, and the temp was 95 at first pitch.   Oh, and Joey Gallo was something to see as well (he's huge at least 6' 5 and I bet hung like a horse)!

KC Royals 4

Texas Rangers 9

26 minutes ago, CatDaddy said:

I went to see the Texas Rangers last night in their new ballpark.  It's not JerryWorld, but it is nice.  Air Conditioned baseball was greatness.  Because outside the dew point was 70, the humidity was in swamp crotch mode, and the temp was 95 at first pitch.   Oh, and Joey Gallo was something to see as well (he's huge at least 6' 5 and I bet hung like a horse)!

KC Royals 4

Texas Rangers 9

Maybe air-conditioned baseballs will solve the sticky problem1

• 4 weeks later...

Last night was the Blue Jays' last game in Buffalo! I actually will be happy to get our Triple A team back though. I'm used to cheaper tickets & less of a crowd. I just saw this then:

In a tweet, late Wednesday, a Blue Jays' spokesperson said that attendance in Buffalo has averaged 7,738 this season. More than in Miami (6,464), Oakland (6,861) and Tampa Bay (7,405).

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2021 at 5:37 AM, Lucky said:

The Yankees last week gave us a no-hitter, a triple play, a walk-off walk, and numerous wins.

All in all, a good week to be a Yankee fan!

1200px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.pn

And now they have won 9 in a row, sweeping the Red Sox and the Twins with several rookies in the lineup.

The Yankee win streak is now up to 11 after beating first=p;ace Atlanta twice. They have been weak at third base, but today regular third baseman Gio Urshella returns against Oakland.

I still have a ticket to see the Yankees play the Angels next week...

On 8/28/2021 at 5:34 PM, BuffaloKyle said:

I just noticed Kyle Hendricks of the Cubs is tied for the major league lead in wins with 14. Pretty crazy for a team 18 games under .500 to have the MLB wins leader. 

Consistency has always been Hendricks' calling card.

He hasn't had a season ERA above 4.0 since his sophomore year of hight school.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

They just are a model organization. Incredible. They came out of nowhere. 

Third Baseman Nolan Arenado  picked up from Colorado  before the session has 33 home runs and 101 RBIs.

Adam Wainwright re signed and his year pitching is equal to Arenado Fielding and hitting