Does anyone know why they don't post a price?

Sidnerf
This topic is 1203 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The settings on Rentmasseur aren’t very flexible. You can only post one in call rate and one outcall rate. I have different rates depending on how long someone wants (an hour, 90 minutes, 2 hours etc) and you can’t show those. Some masseurs may have different rates also for the style of massage. This may mean it’s easier to put “ask me” in the box.

But in general I agree that often it’s because they’re pricing on the ability to pay or they’re using the ‘low cost airline’ pricing model where everything is an extra incurring an extra charge. If you start taking to a provider and he wants extra to massage naked, extra to touch x or y and extra for some ‘activities’ then it’s probably not going to be a relaxing massage.

I’m on Rentmasseur and I just publish my rate for an hour on there. It’s all inclusive for sensual massage which in my service includes sexual activity including penetration if they want that. The only time I’d make an extra charge is if they want me to travel a long way (time is money) or they want unusual or very bespoke services like a couples massage or 4 hands etc.

Good info, thanks for sharing. If that is the case (not directed at you) then why not document in your bio??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m usually 90% of the time just move on if they listed “ask” on their price! I do message some masseurs tho who posted a rate in which I can fairly remember the posted rate before they switch to “ask” mode LOL. Gotta make your moneys worth man! That remaining 10% is if I’m really interested with the masseur and see if my bargaining powers will prevail, it always does ?

Thanks for this. I love it.

The settings on Rentmasseur aren’t very flexible. You can only post one in call rate and one outcall rate. I have different rates depending on how long someone wants (an hour, 90 minutes, 2 hours etc) and you can’t show those. Some masseurs may have different rates also for the style of massage. This may mean it’s easier to put “ask me” in the box.

But in general I agree that often it’s because they’re pricing on the ability to pay or they’re using the ‘low cost airline’ pricing model where everything is an extra incurring an extra charge. If you start taking to a provider and he wants extra to massage naked, extra to touch x or y and extra for some ‘activities’ then it’s probably not going to be a relaxing massage.

I’m on Rentmasseur and I just publish my rate for an hour on there. It’s all inclusive for sensual massage which in my service includes sexual activity including penetration if they want that. The only time I’d make an extra charge is if they want me to travel a long way (time is money) or they want unusual or very bespoke services like a couples massage or 4 hands etc.

Thank you so much for this. You broke it down so clearly. I didn't realize about the settings on Rentmasseur. I love how you handled it.

Good info, thanks for sharing. If that is the case (not directed at you) then why not document in your bio??

Good point!! I like to put as much info about the massage and service as I can in the Rentmasseur bio. I’ve got a website for my sensual massage service so I have the link to that on my bio. Clients who are interested can then look on my website where there’s all the rates and a lot more info for them.

Some providers seem to be working on a "flexible, dynamic pricing method" where they charge what they think they can make depending on time of the month, business volume, mood, weather, horoscope, or whatever else strikes their mood. This is not wrong, per se- but does require a potential client to come to the table ready to ask questions, negotiate pricing if needed, and confirm what's being delivered. This is where many of the providers fall down, they refuse to engage in those chats, and for clients not used to having these chats they generally just cough up whatever the guy is asking for on that day. However as many have pointed out, it's a turn-off for a lot of potential clients.

Some providers seem to be working on a "flexible, dynamic pricing method" where they charge what they think they can make depending on time of the month, business volume, mood, weather, horoscope, or whatever else strikes their mood. This is not wrong, per se- but does require a potential client to come to the table ready to ask questions, negotiate pricing if needed, and confirm what's being delivered. This is where many of the providers fall down, they refuse to engage in those chats, and for clients not used to having these chats they generally just cough up whatever the guy is asking for on that day. However as many have pointed out, it's a turn-off for a lot of potential clients.

Very well said. Thank you.

@Jamie21 - I know who I’ll be contacting whenever we get clearance and I get back out to visiting London. ?

If you ignore the guys who post "ask" you could be losing out on a good situation. Maybe one rate does not suit all fantasies, so he invites you to discuss it further, hoping to cater a massage that will thrill you. My mommy said "It doesn't hurt to ask!"

That's true. What if his rate is lower than you think?

I know providers who will tailor the price to the situation, charging more to older men, or for 90 min sessions, or for "full service". And less to younger clients or clients who ask upfront for a rate reduced by 10-to-20 bucks if they only want therapeutic or sensual, non-erotic. A proposal that some providers might take if they're not having a particularly busy week or season.

If you have an interest in a provider, aren't you already bound to send a message to ask about details or if he's available?

In summary, if he says "ASK", and you like his pictures and reviews, stop being a negative Nelly and ask.

If it says ask I don’t bother with them

A lot of people are turned off by discussing or negotiating money terms. The vast majority of business employees are too intimidated to ask for a raise, even when they deserve an increase. For providers who use "ask" in their ads, they risk closing the door on opportunities. OTOH, for those customers who don't mind negotiation, "ask" usually opens the door to better communication. IME, providers don't like surprises. They respond better when they know what the customer really wants. If you're willing to engage in an "ask" discussion, you might be surprised by the outcome. I have often found the discussion ended in my favor.

When I see "ask me" I think it means "tell me"...So I offer my going rate...My time is also worth money. I also will pay by the "inch" length and breadth...I met a unique man in Paris who told me to pay what I thought he was worth. I had such a memorable time I paid him to come by every day for one week....I can't wait to go back after covid time..