What's the most you've ever heard someone spend on a hire?

Merboy
This topic is 1190 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd raise my price the moment I saw it.

Depending on what you're charging to begin with, that's a risky move. It's can kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Reminds me of a client who took me on my first visit to an Aman property.

*cue flashback fade and music*

Picture it. Amangiri. 2009. I was stunned by the whole place. Just cinematically designed and almost ethereal. I continue to travel with this fella to interesting places because I didn't slam him on an extended rate. It's been fun.

Picture it. Amangiri. 2009. I was stunned by the whole place. Just cinematically designed and almost ethereal. I continue to travel with this fella to interesting places because I didn't slam him on an extended rate. It's been fun.

I've heard of Amangiri..the pictures are incredible. I would love to go someday. That part of Utah is just almost unbelievably beautiful.

$20,000 for 24 hours of fun with 5 boys.

$31,000 all in after expenses for a ski weekend with 10 boys.

You got a good deal on the second venture. My brother spent a little more than that $35,000 on a honeymoon (a chartered yacht in the Caribbean) with his second wife and they ended up getting divorced. (She also got the house).

I've never been to the specific resort but once did a big road trip of all the Utah national parks. Grand-Staircas-Escalante is the closest to this resort and is absolutely stunning:

width=438pxhttps://blog-assets.thedyrt.com/uploads/2020/02/shutterstock_300698645-1-2000x1120.jpg[/img]width=433pxhttps://cdn.americanprogress.org/content/uploads/2017/05/08131956/AP_98111001427-1040-1024x683.jpg[/img]

It's really worth doing a road trip to that area....it's really just one stunning, unforgettable, other-worldly landscape after another.

It would have to be whatever amount Calvin Klein spent on Nick Gruber. I mean.... the man bought all of his his plastic surgery, veneers, and a bentley. Not to mention whatever cash compensation came along with it. Amazing!

Edited by Rocca

The most I’ve spent for an hour was about $400... for an overnight, $1600...

The most I've spent for an hour was also $400. It was supposed to be a 2-hour-session for $400 but the guy was hot and I didn't realize I have gotten too old for a 2 hour anything... Shot my load after an hour so I sent the guy home with the full pay (no tip of course)

$400 was also the most I've ever spent for an overnight. It was also supposed to be a 2-hour-session. He was a young kid who didn't drive and I had to pick him up. When we finished, it started to snow and I told him I've never driven in the snow before and if he didn't want to get killed, he'd better stay for the night and I'd drive him back in the morning. Good time!

Thanks. But not my cup of tea, from looking at the pictures. Too arid although I can appreciate the grandeur of the canyons.

I would rather spend a vacation by the ocean as I love falling asleep to the roar of the surf and the ozone in the air. Just my personal preference.

Mine too! Go to Iceland in the summer. It’s gorgeous and there are tons of beach front accommodations with beautiful sunsets and sunrises.

When we finished, it started to snow and I told him I've never driven in the snow before and if he didn't want to get killed, he'd better stay for the night and I'd drive him back in the morning. Good time!

I'm curious how you managed to arrange that snowstorm??? :)

I'm curious how you managed to arrange that snowstorm??? :)

Not quite a snow storm. It was one of those run of the mill Chicago February flurries. If he insisted, I probably could have managed the drive from O'Hare to Schaumburg (Chicago experts could have guessed by now whom I was talking about). It was his fault any way... We're already in the car on the way back to his place but he wanted to stop by Denny's first. One of the perks of being from Socal is that the excuse of "I've never driven in the snow before" works every time!

$500 for an hour with a straight ( but flexible ) steel roofer. Worth every penny. I came across his instagram and thought fuck it, nothing ventured nothing gained so I discreetly DM'd him. One of the best experiences I've had.

Wow, I wish I could been so lucky. Saw some hot dudes on instagram, ventured to ask a couple, but no response.

Wow, I wish I could been so lucky. Saw some hot dudes on instagram, ventured to ask a couple, but no response.

burnline & Yeahman (and others?) – How do you go about approaching guys on Instagram? I mean, is your Insta account in your own name so they immediately know your identity when you make that contact? Or do you have a more discreet method? An Insta account in a different name?

I'm curious because, damm yeah, there's some hot ones on IG.

Given that the 4 best guys I've ever hung out with all landed in the $250 - $300 range, and its hard to imagine anyone doing better than them, it seems like that is the reasonable and going rate for a great experience in my area. I don't think I'd go over $300 and I won't go over $200-$250 for a new guy.