Gay Lifestyle after COVID

orville
This topic is 1278 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I suspect that with the success of individuals working from home, we'll see more flexible travel and as such, gay activities will be even more accessible. Assuming that high speed internet is readily available, guys could more easily work during the summer on Fire Island or Provincetown, the fall in Key West or the spring in Palm Springs.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect that with the success of individuals working from home, we'll see more flexible travel and as such, gay activities will be even more accessible. Assuming that high speed internet is readily available, guys could more easily work during the summer on Fire Island or Provincetown, the fall in Key West or the spring in Palm Springs.

unfortunately not everybody can work from home and I hope we'll always remember "essential workers".

I suspect most of the world will reach herd immunity at some point, before a reliable vaccine is developed.

The vaccine as such will still be in-stock in the case this nasty virus mutates as it's being seen in Northern Europe.

I believe we will get back to a NEW NORMAL but little by little as cases and deaths drop down organically.

What I'm not sure is if COVID will leave a PERMANENT impact in the lifestyle that we loved so much.

This is not me being a downer about the COVID vaccine, but optimistic that we will not need it.

I also like to be realistic and realize that many things will never be the same, such as WFH (Work From Home).

Less than 50 million infections globally. A long, long way from getting herd immunity. Even with a vaccine, the growing distrust in US of vaccines will lead to a very significant part of the population that will not get the vaccine. People don't realize how big of an impact this will have in slowing down the ability of bringing the virus under control. We will be lucky to roll out and get 50% of the population vaccinated by end of 2021.

Was in SoCal two months ago and was shocked at the significant portion of people not wearing their masks or bothering with social distancing. Also see in parts of San Fran. I get it that we are all suffering from virus fatigue. It was kind of ironic last month during the wild fires. In a blink almost everyone was wearing masks like it was religion. Folks can see the smoke and ash. Virus is invisible. Easier for people to disregard. Until it gets you sick. Almost everyone will at some point know someone personally that has got sick or died from it. I've checked both of those boxes ? already.