STI “in the butt”

StLouisOct
This topic is 1285 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Are you slut shaming again guys who got HIV?

Totally ridiculous. I knew him, Joey grew up in Chester, Pennsylvania where I worked during the Summer and Fall of 1976.

Chester is a very poor city with a high unemployment rate, and unsafe after dark

Edited by WilliamM

Dude,

Contracting STDs is not like catching the common cold.... when they are “cured”, they can have long-lasting-effects to the body and the immune system, especially as some STDs have symptoms that don’t surface immediately.

To continuously contract STDs and nonchalantly get them cured is not advisable.

I personally know of two guys who are promiscuous ,“allergic” to condoms, have casually contracted and recovered from numerous STDs for at least 20 years and chalked it up as simply an “activity-based-hazard”, from being sexual.

We are now in our 40s, and both of them suffer from non-describable-auto-immune diseases, that has phases of affecting them greatly.

They can’t tell me that the consistent abuse to their cells, and organs from regularly transmitting STDs did not impact them in some kind of way.

Plus with repeated treatments they risk having less success with antibiotics.

Dumb question but if you've had the HPV vaccine do you not have to worry about HPV and related cancers for the rest of your life?

I'm no Doctor but I believe one of the professional members of the forum mentioned that is the best protection so far including protection against the types that cause cancer. However it does not protect against all types of HPV. I believe there are several strains.

Dumb question but if you've had the HPV vaccine do you not have to worry about HPV and related cancers for the rest of your life?

Well, assuming you didn't contract HPV before you got the vaccine, you probably wouldn't have to worry about cancer (for men, the only cancers you can get from HPV are throat, and penis if you're not circumcised). The vaccine only protects against 9 strains, but it protects against the worst strains, including all strains which cause cancer. So far, they're still recommending that vaccinated women get Pap smears, but that's being studied. One would think that if women had received their HPV vaccines young enough (before they could contract HPV), that they could probably forgo Pap smears.

Well, assuming you didn't contract HPV before you got the vaccine, you probably wouldn't have to worry about cancer (for men, the only cancers you can get from HPV are throat, and penis if you're not circumcised). The vaccine only protects against 9 strains, but it protects against the worst strains, including all strains which cause cancer. So far, they're still recommending that vaccinated women get Pap smears, but that's being studied. One would think that if women had received their HPV vaccines young enough (before they could contract HPV), that they could probably forgo Pap smears.

Hmm. I obviously have no way of knowing if I contracted HPV before I was vaccinated last year. The safest thing is probably just to do an annual screening at the dentist for oral cancer.

Thanks for the explanation @Unicorn Is it true that the limit age to get vaccinated is 27?

Thanks for the explanation @Unicorn Is it true that the limit age to get vaccinated is 27?

The Gardasil/HPV9 vaccine is approved for use up to age 45. Preference is to give it before puberty, since, once's you've contracted the strain, the vaccine won't protect. But better late than never.

The Gardasil/HPV9 vaccine is approved for use up to age 45. Preference is to give it before puberty, since, once's you've contracted the strain, the vaccine won't protect. But better late than never.

Is this because there are additional risks from this vaccine as we age, or is the age limit really an insurance-based restriction based on an assumption about prior exposure to HPV strains by that age? Or something else?

Barebacking is the historical approach to anal sex. It feels more natural and disallows the inconvenience of stopping the sex to wrap up, an act that often kills a boner. Once the dangers of HIV were made evident, condoms or abstention were the only sensible approaches. Then Prep came along. The government paid for the pills so that you didn't have to bother with a condom. Wise move? I guess, because the alternative was more barebacking as gay men tired of condoms.

Barebacking is the historical approach to anal sex. It feels more natural and disallows the inconvenience of stopping the sex to wrap up, an act that often kills a boner. Once the dangers of HIV were made evident, condoms or abstention were the only sensible approaches. Then Prep came along. The government paid for the pills so that you didn't have to bother with a condom. Wise move? I guess, because the alternative was more barebacking as gay men tired of condoms.

The government doesn't always pay for the pills, and if you're talking about Medicare are in particular it can be argued that Medicare users pay for the pills (in those cases that the government subsidizes) because some of users pay an additional premium. (We also all contribute to the Social Security trust fund, so it isn't a pure entitlement - it's something that we *earned*). Moreover, there is a public health interest in reducing the spread of HIV, just as there is a public health interest in reducing the spread of Covid-19. I agree that there can be an informed discussion about the extent of the efforts to mitigate the spread, if you can agree that this is not simply a matter of the government paying "for the pills so that you don't have to bother with a condom".

Plus with repeated treatments they risk having less success with antibiotics.

Not to mention the embarrassment when you have to reach out to all your sexual partners (or give the doctor their names!) when you are diagnosed with a contagious STD!!

29069.gif

Not to mention the embarrassment when you have to reach out to all your sexual partners (or give the doctor their names!) when you are diagnosed with a contagious STD!!

29069.gif

There should be no embarrassment in contacting sexual partners if you have contracted an STD. I think it is at least a moral obligation and in fact in many jurisdictions is a legal obligation. At least here in Canada, the public health organizations have the legal means to enforce compliance in revealing partners in sexually transmitted diseases, like syphilis.

If you've ever seen a case of anorectal cancer, or even bad HPV, you might not be so quick to dismiss condoms, although they're no foolproof protection for HPV. If someone has GC in the rectum, he may have it in the throat and penis as well. Wait until treatment's over.

Well, Unicorn, there go any shrimp or crumb dessert dishes for awhile. ?