Provider-Client unexpected social encounters ...

KrisParr
This topic is 1299 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Years ago when my parents and I still lived in the same city I would take my mother out for lunch on a regular basis. So we went to this place we hadn't been in a while and the waiter happened to be someone I had an experience with a few weeks prior. I was so nervous about the whole lunch that I couldn't enjoy it. The waiter was nice about the whole thing but had this look on his face the entire time when he would talk to me. He messed with me a few times during the lunch but my mother never caught on that we knew each other. Afterwards as I walked out he gave me a little swat on my ass and a wink.

Years ago when my parents and I still lived in the same city I would take my mother out for lunch on a regular basis. So we went to this place we hadn't been in a while and the waiter happened to be someone I had an experience with a few weeks prior. I was so nervous about the whole lunch that I couldn't enjoy it. The waiter was nice about the whole thing but had this look on his face the entire time when he would talk to me. He messed with me a few times during the lunch but my mother never caught on that we knew each other. Afterwards as I walked out he gave me a little swat on my ass and a wink.

Hahaha. Prolly so angst-ridden and terrifying at the time but funny how you tell it.

I'm a cyclist and do a handful of charity rides every year. In 2018 I did the CA AIDS Lifecycle ride (highly recommend BTW). I went with a friend who doesn't know about my "hobby". We got into line for registration, and standing directly in front of us was.....a provider I met in NYC a few months earlier. We said hello....of course my friend asked "how do you know him?". I said we met at a conference in NYC. We bumped into each other a few times during the ride, I decided not to "pursue" him since he deserved to enjoy the ride without that dynamic (unless he suggested it). One afternoon we saw each other in "camp" and sat on the lawn and chatted for awhile, it was nice to get to know him a little bit outside of "work". All of this happening 3000 miles from home

o_O:oops::rolleyes:;)