Anyone have experience in Mexico?

Dallas Jayson
This topic is 1277 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have read up on Gay strip clubs in Mexico, and I would rather get some personal experience & perspective from any of you who have been there recently. I am thinking of Mexico City or PV - more Mexico City, as I have always wanted to explore the culture and architecture there.

I appreciate any feedback, and private messages are fine. Thanks!

While Mexico City has a much larger, nicer gay nightlife, PV has the more wild scene.

Antropology and Wet Dreams are the two clubs. Drink prices are steep ($10-15USD, pesos only). They both have back rooms. The guys at Dreams are very forward, always working the floor and always closing the deal. Totally hands-on. It's fun, but expect to pay both the guy who guards the back rooms AND the dancer for the time spent back there.

Last time I went, I was in the back for 30-40 minutes and it cost me $40 USD total (plus tip).

CDMX: I love going to La Purisima. It's got a techno-glitter, Catholic-on-LSD theme. Lots of fun, but it gets PACKED.

Tom's Leather Bar is fun to start the night at. You have to go through the dark backroom to get to the bathrooms. That's always fun.

Boy Bar has fun shower shows.

Kinky Bar is the best of all worlds. Big with multi-levels. A little something for everyone.

In Tijuana and I'll never go back! I was lucky enough to be taken by experienced San Diegans that knew their way around. And I met a nice local gay guy that was kind enough to help me out and fend off the tip and drink begging staff of the bars, clubs and taxi drivers. My Spanish is funcional and I've traveled throughout Latin America alone and even lived there for awhile but I wasn't prepared for what I encountered in TJ. Tourist are literally preyed upon!!

Yes prices were cheap compared to our side of the border but the quality of the merchandise was pathetic when one compares to other countries like US, Canada, Brazil, almost anywhere in Asia. ?

In Tijuana and I'll never go back! I was lucky enough to be taken by experienced San Diegans that knew their way around. And I met a nice local gay guy that was kind enough to help me out and fend off the tip and drink begging staff of the bars, clubs and taxi drivers. My Spanish is funcional and I've traveled throughout Latin America alone and even lived there for awhile but I wasn't prepared for what I encountered in TJ. Tourist are literally preyed upon!!

Yes prices were cheap compared to our side of the border but the quality of the merchandise was pathetic when one compares to other countries like US, Canada, Brazil, almost anywhere in Asia. ?

Wow

In addition to Wet Dreams and Anthropology in Puerto Vallarta, the neighborhood also has 69 (located next door to Wet Dreams) and Debraye Club a few doors down. Both are similar, with dancing on stage, guys who will sit with you, and back rooms available. I go to PV for a week, and will visit each venue at least twice on my trip.

I mean, it's Tijuana.

Honestly, any Mexican border town is going to be a bad representation of the country as a whole.

Nuevo Laredo, Progresso, Matamoros, Juarez, Reynosa.... They have huge influxes of gueros, all looking for RX, booze or medical/dental work. It's how most of these Mexicans make their living and yes, it's a hustle, but not a bad one.

You call it preyed upon. They call it putting food on their table and providing for their families.

Just politely say no, gracias and keep moving.

Edited by Benjamin_Nicholas

I’d like to visit Mexico but I’m scared of doing a solo travel there.

Solo travel is so much fun! You have the flexibility to go/do almost whatever you want and meet new people. I've gone to Mexico City a few times by myself and it has been a fun time overall.

Do your research and practice common sense and local safety rules, but Mexico is totally doable as long as you can learn enough basic Spanish to communicate with people. Duolingo is helpful for learning/refreshing some Spanish (you may want to go else where for a conjugation table ?).

Check out Tripadvisor, Reddit, LonelyPlanet, and other travel sites for information and go on Youtube to look for people sharing their travel experiences in Mexico.

• 4 weeks later...