Donation on Arrival or After Service?

orville
This topic is 1182 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

width=348pxhttps://media.tenor.com/images/3d64e41750f285ab785c14fed734cc43/tenor.gif[/img]

This question is mainly for providers.

Providers and clients may have different views.

What do you prefer, and why?

Have you had a client who didn't want to pay after?

What have you done when in conflict?

I prefer after... but I’ve had several clients snub me and try leaving without paying.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! What did you do, or how did you handle the situation?

Btw, nice pics in your RM ad :p

Few of them said the same thing “ thought it was free”

Some have walk out and I said you forgot something... to pay! then they paid.

Another guy said he’d be right back... lol

I’m gonna start requesting deposits lol joke

Edited by italianboyph

negative. Only the sender's name will be revealed, unless the recipient has autodeposit enabled, in which case theirs will be too.

Thank you for that info @DanteV

I've never sent payment via Interac E-Transfer for that reason.

I guess in this case there's only anonymity for the provider.

Edited by orville

What made them think that in the 1st place?

I’m gonna start requesting deposits lol

Not a good practice because it scares clients away. That's why the title of this thread.

Somewhere at the beginning of it, I posted that donation on arrival can be a practice for new clients only.

With follow-up meetings and regulars you can leave it to the end because you already know and trust each other.

Edited by orville

Some have walk out and I said you forgot something... to pay! then they paid.

Another guy said he’d be right back... lol

I’m gonna start requesting deposits lol

Asking deposit is a huge turnoff and would never agree to it . Idk u so no u won't get any deposit . Thats my take on it .

People that I've never met its kind of iffy when they come to the house or I go to them I usually get the payment at the end though. Most of my clients that have been coming to me for years it's been at the end. But I have found it that most clients that come over or I go to them have it where one can see it. And I found that that eases the tension between both. I literally had a client come in one time provided the service and then he said he left the money in the car got in his car and drove off. Knowing that I could have stopped him could have been turned into something huge. But not wanting to blow up my spot I just let him go. My point is when it comes to meeting, a client has to think ahead as well as a provider.

People that I've never met its kind of iffy when they come to the house or I go to them I usually get the payment at the end though. Most of my clients that have been coming to me for years it's been at the end. But I have found it that most clients that come over or I go to them have it where one can see it. And I found that that eases the tension between both. I literally had a client come in one time provided the service and then he said he left the money in the car got in his car and drove off. Knowing that I could have stopped him could have been turned into something huge. But not wanting to blow up my spot I just let him go. My point is when it comes to meeting, a client has to think ahead as well as a provider.

Basically if the provider is hosting you're more likely to want the money up front so the client doesn't take off and if you are going to the clients place you are more comfortable with waiting because you ain't leaving till you get the money. Now if they say afterwards they have no money well I don't know then lol.