Atlanta Braves Star Seriously Sick with Covid19

WilliamM
This topic is 1384 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I predict all professional sports will fail to get very far ahead in their respective seasons for the rest of 2020 before having to shut down the whole thing. Some players/coaches/umpires/staff are bound to get infected and some will become sick. What if 3-4 teams get particularly hard hit and have to stop playing completely. Realistically, I don't see how even a reduced season can function all the way through to the end. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Edited by EZEtoGRU

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, why should anyone care about 500k people all over the world dying in 6 months or 131k Americans dying in 3 months or untold 100s of thousands with long-term physical damage? That is certainly worth being able to do my nightly bar hopping and random one nights stands.

The lack of empathy some people display here sickens me.

I predict all professional sports will fail to get very far ahead in their respective seasons for the rest of 2020 before having to shut down the whole thing. Some players/coaches/umpires/staff are bound to get infected and some will become sick. What if 3-4 teams get particularly hard hit and have to stop playing completely. Realistically, I don't see how even a reduced season can function all the through to the end. I hope I'm wrong about that.

I agree with this. I had COVID and was out of commission for more than three weeks, and it was debilitating. Multiply that across the whole team, and then across a series of teams, and before you know it you don't have teams to play baseball if half of every team is out sick for weeks at a time. It sucks, but it's the situation at hand unfortunately.

Edited by nate_sf

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with this. I had COVID and was out of commission for more than three weeks, and it was debilitating.

Yeah it was bad for me too...two weeks straight with fevers above 102, horrible body aches, fatigue, coughing, intense lung pressure. The worst was at night when the fevers would spike and I literally felt like I was losing my mind. Definitely not something I would wish even on my worse enemy.

St. Louis Cardinal young pitching ace, Jack Flaherty, has been wearing an "I can't breathe" shirt in public. He is supposed by Cards legend Willie McGee. Bob Gibson, perhaps the best St. Louis pitcher ever, hasn't commented yet.

Flaherty was adopted by a white single mom.