Rapid Covid test Would you hire?

purplekow
This topic is 873 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On 12/24/2021 at 12:38 PM, tassojunior said:

exactly 3 months since my booster and I plan a 4th shot for new year's. I've read in a VA study of many thousands that the shots start to wane in over-65's especially after 100 days and by 4 months it's down considerably. I wish there was more publicity on this. it's critical info. 

Yes it is critical info and that’s why I don’t wait for politicians to give us the green light

they are too slow al

i got 3 moderna so far

January middle of month 

feb  middle of month 

august 13 

is it reasonable to get another booster by end of this year. As of now I have scheduled for this coming week

I don't think that there are any indications that a 4th shot is helpful at this time, unless the person is taking medications which suppress the immune system or has an illness which suppresses the immune system. 

24 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I don't think that there are any indications that a 4th shot is helpful at this time, unless the person is taking medications which suppress the immune system or has an illness which suppresses the immune system. 

My thinking from some reading  is after 4 months the vaccine effects are less

11 hours ago, Sixpack said:

My thinking from some reading  is after 4 months the vaccine effects are less

I would be interested to know more about this. How are they measuring that the "effects are less" and for whom? I haven't seen any studies that people who've had 3 shots have been ending up in hospitals, even 4 or more months out. I wouldn't trust a study if it were only relying on antibody levels. Certainly if Omicron takes over, I haven't been hearing of triple-vaxxed people being hospitalized with Omicron, which is looking more and more like a much less serious strain (in terms of severity of symptoms, not in terms of contagiousness, obviously). I haven't heard of any public health officials recommending 4th shots yet, except in the immune-suppressed. I wouldn't rush out to get a 4th shot. I got my 1st in 12/20, second in 1/21, third in 8/21. 

11 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I would be interested to know more about this. How are they measuring that the "effects are less" and for whom? I haven't seen any studies that people who've had 3 shots have been ending up in hospitals, even 4 or more months out. I wouldn't trust a study if it were only relying on antibody levels. Certainly if Omicron takes over, I haven't been hearing of triple-vaxxed people being hospitalized with Omicron, which is looking more and more like a much less serious strain (in terms of severity of symptoms, not in terms of contagiousness, obviously). I haven't heard of any public health officials recommending 4th shots yet, except in the immune-suppressed. I wouldn't rush out to get a 4th shot. I got my 1st in 12/20, second in 1/21, third in 8/21. 

Appreciate your follow up 

On 12/22/2021 at 6:25 PM, purplekow said:

Well Omicron or Delta, my hospital went from under 5 cases in the hospital for months to two floors filled and this time they are putting two people in a room.  The two people in a room is not a good idea as far as I am concerned as they may have different variants, but that is what is being done.   I hope the quick peak quick fall pattern of other places in the world happens here because it is getting very crowded.  Most are unvaccinated.  One woman who has refused vaccination in the past has been admitted for the third time.  Once in 2020 then early 2021 and now again in late 2021.  Stupid is as stupid does to quote Dr. Forest Gump.  

I like "There's no fixing stupid."