Anderson Cooper has a son

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 1490 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose he will have plenty of help since he is worth millions. I myself couldn’t imagine having a baby in my 50s. Heck, I am reluctant to get a dog because of the responsibility let alone a child.

I'm pushing 50 now and a few years ago I decided my window had closed on a newborn unless I find myself with a partnet 10+ years younger. As a single parent there's just too high a chance of leaving the kid parentless before they are 18.

Yes, Anderson Cooper may be thinking of himself first.

I had the oldest parents in my neighborhood. (that's saying something-- we'd have anywhere from 35-50 kids [ages 12-22] hang out on 'the block'.) My parents were 55 & 41 when I was born. First marriage for both. They both eventually told me they married only because their chances to have kids were about to disappear. My sister was born a year and three days after the wedding and I followed 3 1/2 years later.

I knew they'd die when I was relatively young. My father died a few months after I turned 30. My mother died a few months before I turned 40. They had longevity... he was 85, she was 81. Oddly, both of their fathers (and my dad's older brother) died in 1929-- 33 years before I was born, so I never had grandfathers.

BTW, did you know John McCain's mother is still going strong at 107? Meaghan talks about her often on THE VIEW.

I had the oldest parents in my neighborhood. (that's saying something-- we'd have anywhere from 35-50 kids [ages 12-22] hang out on 'the block'.) My parents were 55 & 41 when I was born. First marriage for both. They both eventually told me they married only because their chances to have kids were about to disappear. My sister was born a year and three days after the wedding and I followed 3 1/2 years later.

I knew they'd die when I was relatively young. My father died a few months after I turned 30. My mother died a few months before I turned 40. They had longevity... he was 85, she was 81. Oddly, both of their fathers (and my dad's older brother) died in 1929-- 33 years before I was born, so I never had grandfathers.

BTW, did you know John McCain's mother is still going strong at 107? Meaghan talks about her often on THE VIEW.

I think it's great your parents had you when they were older. And that they also had good jeans; I have friends whose parent died when they were young (e.g. the parents were in their 40s and 50s). It's always difficult to lose a parent no matter how old they are...

Yes, I know John McCain's mother is still alive.

I remember older actors (Anthony Quinn, Tony Randall) talkings about having children. Quinn had older children, Randall didn't.

Edited by WilliamM

I think it's great your parents had you when they were older. And that they also had good jeans

I know this is a huge digression from the OP, but did you know that the 10th President of the United States, John Tyler, who was born in 1790, has two grandchildren who are still alive?

Lyon Gardiner Tyler Jr. was born in 1924 and Harrison Ruffin Tyler was born in 1928. They are the sons of Lyon Gardiner Tyler Sr., one of President Tyler's 15 children. President Tyler was 63 when Lyon Tyler was born and Lyon was 75 when Harrison was born.

Sorry for the digression.

Someone I know approached him in the gym to say hello. He said: “get away from me.” That wasn’t very nice, but I know it must be hard to be a celebrity.

WOW! As understandable as it is for a celebrity not always wanted to be approached, celebrated and acknowledged, I think "Get away from me" is very rude and unpleasant!

Good for him, although having a child at 52 means he’ll be a septuagenarian at Wyatt’s prep school graduation. On the other hand, it’ll keep him young. He’s a great looking 52 yo.

My sister-in-law and her partner adopted a newborn when they were well into middle age. Eventually, the fact that his parents were old ladies who looked much older than the parents of his contemporaries became a source of embarrassment to him. When they took him to school, he had the drop him off a couple blocks from school so that none of his friends could see them. He generally had a lot to deal with in addition to their age - they're white and he's black, and they're a lesbian couple , in addition to being old. Just goes to show that love doesn't necessarily conquer all.

• 2 weeks later...
Its reported he just reconciled with his longtime partner Benjamin Maisani, and plans to raise the child together.

They haven't reconciled.

As a single parent there's just too high a chance of leaving the kid parentless before they are 18.

Yes, Anderson Cooper may be thinking of himself first. My brother was only 10 when are dad died at age 53. He has been successful, but has never gotten over the death.

Anderson Cooper said Tuesday that he has decided to co-parent his new son with ex boyfriend Benjamin Maisani, and declared that his friends have become his family.

The CNN host told Howard Stern on

that he has remained close enough to his former flame, Benjamin Maisani, whom he dated for a decade, that he asked him to help raise Wyatt Morgan.

“Don’t you want a clean break from this guy? I mean this was a guy, you were in love, you had a close relationship, why have him involved?” Stern, 66, asked.

“I don’t really have a family, so my friends have become my family. This is somebody I was involved with for 10 years,” Cooper, 52, answered.

“He’s a great guy,” Cooper said of Maisani, 47, and why they’re co-parenting Wyatt together.

“We didn’t work out as a couple, but … when I was a little kid, it was just my mom and my brother, but it was my mom — she was not the most parental person and I wish some adult after my dad died had stepped in and just been like, ‘You know what, I’ll take you to a ball game,'” he said.

“Or, ‘Let’s go out to lunch every now and then, and let’s just talk.’ You know, no one ever did that and so I thought, well if something happens to me or even if something doesn’t happen to me, if more people love my son and are in his life, I’m all for that.”

“You know, my ex is a great guy, and I think it’s good to have two parents if you can.”

Cooper added that while he plans on going by “Dad” or “Daddy” by Wyatt, Maisani, 47 who speaks French to him will be called “Papa.”

Cooper told Stern he has no idea what Maisani says to Wyatt in French, “He could be turning the kid against me, I don’t know.”