Travel Medical Insurance, Covid context

SirBillybob
This topic is 1386 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am hoping we can keep this thread tightly focused.

With so many insurers outright eliminating coronavirus-related health costs when travelling abroad, I was surprised that AetnaInternational will provide a quote. I don’t wanna know the price-tag yet!

The landscape will likely evolve, but although I am healthy having full coverage is a priority for me.

———

Please add any additional info you may acquire.

Great idea for a thread on this issue.

I have a global travel policy, renewed annually, underwritten by Allianz. I checked with them and my current policy does include coverage for this disruption. They cautioned, however, that my policy expires end-November and the new policy will NOT cover disruption from Covid19 or any other pandemic.

• 3 months later...

Great idea for a thread on this issue.

I have a global travel policy, renewed annually, underwritten by Allianz. I checked with them and my current policy does include coverage for this disruption. They cautioned, however, that my policy expires end-November and the new policy will NOT cover disruption from Covid19 or any other pandemic.

Just to update what I wrote in April about the Allianz global travel policy - a friend of mine (who’s 6 years older) just took out the same policy as I have and he found that the cost had doubled!