A Conundrum: I Was Stopped For An Expired Car Registration But The Registration Wasn't Expired

Gar1eth
This topic is 1554 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Registrations are yearly in NJ. And you can do it online. How hard is that ? In the fifth year you have to get it inspected. Not sure what the time frame is after that for emissions inspection.

licenses are 4 years and now you have to go to Mvc to get your real id.

The initial registration for a new car lasts four years. The initial inspection sticker lasts 5. Why the hell should you have to renew a registration in the first place? The purpose is to know who the owner is, and they alreadyhave that info. If they want to raise revenue they can do it through the gas tax.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was stopped for a tail light that was out as I was driving home from a birthday dinner. I was stopped at 12 !0 AM and the police officer not only gave me a ticket for the tail light, I also received a ticket for driving with an expired license, as it had expired the minute my birthday ended or about 10 minutes before the stop. I told the officer I had not placed the new license in my wallet though it had arrived by mail about two days earlier. He was unimpressed. Guess he need to make his quota.

I sent in a not guilty reply to the ticket along with the paid. bill for the tail light and the copy of the new license and never heard about it again