Picard

Like you I enjoyed it as well. I thought the first ep seemed a bit rushed, but understand that this series will not be 21 episodes like TNG, and there was a need to set up the rest of the series pretty quickly.

Was also glad to hear the Guinan will be in the second season. Saw lots of moans and groans from some of the fans that do not like Whoopie. If they can bring Hugh back what is the problem with having Guinan.

I guess my "not rushing things" comment comes from not seeing a lot of the characters shown in the previews. Riker and Troi, whoever Santiago Cabrera is playing, some Vulcan guy that reminds me of Legolas from Lord of the Rings. I thought Picard's two live-ins seemed very non-Vulcan in demeanor - maybe they're Romulans, since Picard seems to be involved in the Romulan relief efforts?

I really wish they would come up with a better sound track! I mean ALL the "Trek" shows since TNG have had downright boring music with their opening credits. Honestly; they can do better - give me something that will raise some excitement; not something that will put me to sleep!! :confused:

source.gif

I really wish they would come up with a better sound track! I mean ALL the "Trek" shows since TNG have had downright boring music with their opening credits. Honestly; they can do better - give me something that will raise some excitement; not something that will put me to sleep!! :confused:

source.gif

PICARD: Computer. Music. ...No, no, not that. Something Latin.

COMPUTER VOICE: Specify.

PICARD: A mambo. (Picard begins to move to the rhythm)

PICARD: That's more like it.

tenor.gif?itemid=7908796

source.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXD5z4Pjxcg

While I do think it is quite beautiful, I agree it does not fit well as opening credits for the reason you stated. I don't have CBS All Access but was thinking of getting it just because of this new series. The comments here are useful to me.

I don't have CBS All Access but was thinking of getting it just because of this new series. The comments here are useful to me.

I've been liking it so far. It seems to be taking it's time which personaly is a relief compared to the more action heavy tone the franchise seems to have taken more recently. The reviews have been good but were only based on the first three episodes so we'll see how it holds up after that. As far as the theme song so long as it's not another "Faith of the Heart" disaster I am okay with it.

I've been liking it so far. It seems to be taking it's time which personaly is a relief compared to the more action heavy tone the franchise seems to have taken more recently. The reviews have been good but were only based on the first three episodes so we'll see how it holds up after that. As far as the theme song so long as it's not another "Faith of the Heart" disaster I am okay with it.

I ignored the Enterprise music and focused on my Scott Bakula daddy issues. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Still loving this show. More skin than your usual Trek, mostly Santiago Cabrera, and that's definitely NOT a complaint. He's looking awesome for 41.

Yes, the plot wheels are finally approching full speed and Rafi's interaction with her son made that character click with me. And there are many scenarios I can think of that would involve me, Rios, and his various holographic doppelgangers.

Yes, the plot wheels are finally approching full speed and Rafi's interaction with her son made that character click with me. And there are many scenarios I can think of that would involve me, Rios, and his various holographic doppelgangers.

Damn why didn't I think of that? I've got to believe Quark had some pretty sleazy programs in his holosuites.

I'm getting to love the Romulan kid too (clearly, I'm not remembering names all that well yet). Not in a lusting-after-him sense - his youth & eagerness is just fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished a two day binge of “Picard”. Really enjoyed it, visually very well done.

I'm getting to love the Romulan kid too (clearly, I'm not remembering names all that well yet). Not in a lusting-after-him sense - his youth & eagerness is just fun to watch.

Elnor....well maybe just a bit of lust ? but yeah he was cute.

• 4 months later...

Damn why didn't I think of that? I've got to believe Quark had some pretty sleazy programs in his holosuites.

You may enjoy this clip with Quark/Armin Shimerman. ?

I did not know he was the original Ferengi in The Next Generation...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

On 5/9/2022 at 10:13 AM, Njguy2 said:

Any input on if Season 2 of Picard is worth watching/subscribing to Paramount?

Sadly season 2 was a mess, even more so than season 1 which is saying something. I say this as someone who hates the knee-jerk negative reactions a lot people have to all NuTrek shows, but the serialized stories they try with Picard just devolve into a clusterfuck by the end.

Now that being said if you are thinking about subscribing to Paramount + I do think Strange New Worlds is shaping up to be an excellent show and would be worth the subscription for as long as it's airing

• 9 months later...

I watched the first episode of Season 3 and I'm hopeful.  Seems more action and story-oriented than Season 2.  I rewatched Season 2 last week, and liked it a *bit* more than the first time through, but overall still disappointed in it.  The whole thread about Picard and his mother which ran through all of season 2 was just useless.