But I don't want to be a woman!

Rick M
This topic is 1601 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yes, I am upset, but no: I cannot vent about it here because I told the guy about this site and I don't want him reading my anguish. I am frustrated, highly and semi-hysterically frustrated, and yet there's nothing I can do about it. Same old same old. I think the universe conspires against me; if not the universe, then humanity. "Nice guys finish in the shower."

You sound really upset, but I’m a little confused about what happened. Could you say more without identifying yourself?

Very confused as well. I can’t fathom why there is a reference to being a woman; very odd. Too bad the OP can’t clarify

Very confused as well. I can’t fathom why there is a reference to being a woman; very odd. Too bad the OP can’t clarify

I have to think it's due to the stereotype of women making a fuss and complaining/b-tching or feeling more hurt than a man would. A man would, stereotypically, "suck it up," not let anyone see his pain, and any suffering, if the man was affected by the circumstances at all, would be done in silence. Because we men are TOUGH HOMBRES- not whiny women.

Gman

Yes, I am upset, but no: I cannot vent about it here because I told the guy about this site and I don't want him reading my anguish. I am frustrated, highly and semi-hysterically frustrated, and yet there's nothing I can do about it. Same old same old. I think the universe conspires against me; if not the universe, then humanity. "Nice guys finish in the shower."

Girls rule women are funny get over it.

Reminds me a bit of the old stereotype that women just want support when they complain, and get frustrated when men try to offer solutions to whatever they're complaining about.

This notion is so annoying. Women are as interested in solutions as men are. But if someone has tried the obvious options to no avail, she’ll be irritated if someone offers up an obvious option as if it’s a novel idea. BTW, women offer those kinds of “solutions” as often as men do. Sometimes it’s best to stay quiet and just let someone talk. (I need to learn to do that as much as anyone.)

Edited by FreshFluff