Douche through security?

keroscenefire
This topic is 1608 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am going to LA in a few weeks and have a great douche that I'd love to bring along for my adventures there. I have an awesome Osprey bag that holds all my luggage and can be carried on the plane. I am also flying Southwest so could check the bag if I want. I am just curious if anyone has experience traveling with their douche. Is this something security sees as suspicious? I once forgot a bottle of water in my bag and was checked for that and feel like a douche, even while empty, could look like a container. And that is not something I particularly want to have to be bag searched for.

So I could just check the bag but that means waiting around longer at baggage claim. Any fliers out there who travel with douches? What should I do(ouche)? Thanks

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to LA in a few weeks and have a great douche that I'd love to bring along for my adventures there. I have an awesome Osprey bag that holds all my luggage and can be carried on the plane. I am also flying Southwest so could check the bag if I want. I am just curious if anyone has experience traveling with their douche. Is this something security sees as suspicious? I once forgot a bottle of water in my bag and was checked for that and feel like a douche, even while empty, could look like a container. And that is not something I particularly want to have to be bag searched for.

So I could just check the bag but that means waiting around longer at baggage claim. Any fliers out there who travel with douches? What should I do(ouche)? Thanks

OMG, when i first read the title I thought is was regarding one of the TSA guys or some jerk going through security :p

Back to the question, I don't have experience but I don't think it should be a problem if it's one of those portable bulb like douches. I am not sure it will register for TSA but if they pull you out for additional screening I don't think it will be a problem.

as long as it doesn't have any water you should be able to bring it into a plane but you might be asked to place it on a tray. No big deal, I'm sure TSA agents have seen everything...

as long as it doesn't have any water you should be able to bring it into a plane but you might be asked to place it on a tray. No big deal, I'm sure TSA agents have seen everything...

Yeah I think I'd be embarrassed by it, but I guess you're right, it's no big deal. I do love the advantage of having just one carry-on bag.

Yeah I think I'd be embarrassed by it, but I guess you're right, it's no big deal. I do love the advantage of having just one carry-on bag.

Why would you?

You're traveling by yourself, right? What are the chances of a neighbor, coworker, friend, etc. standing next to you in the security line? ;)

Just take it out of your carry on suitcase and place it on a tray next to your shoes, laptop, iPhone, a sandwich on a ziploc bag, etc.

Why would you?

You're traveling by yourself, right? What are the chances of a neighbor, coworker, friend, etc. standing next to you in the security line? ;)

Just take it out of your carry on suitcase and place it on a tray next to your shoes, laptop, iPhone, a sandwich on a ziploc bag, etc.

Cleanliness is next to godliness; I agree no need to be embarrassed...

I assume you are joking? I've traveled with mine quite a bit - in my carry on. Have never had to take it out of my toiletries bag as it is empty... It is a personal item I don't care for anybody to look at. :p

I assume you are joking? I've traveled with mine quite a bit - in my carry on. Have never had to take it out of my toiletries bag as it is empty... It is a personal item I don't care for anybody to look at. :p

No I’m not joking... If they see a container larger than 2 oz TSA will to ask you to put on a tray.

I guess you got lucky!

Next time just try carrying a small bottle of Coca-Cola with you.

No I’m not joking... If they see a container larger than 2 oz TSA will to ask you to put on a tray.

I guess you got lucky!

Next time just try carrying a small bottle of Coca-Cola with you.

It is really the amount of liquid that they are looking for. I think it is 4ounces rather than two ounces. As long as your douche is not larger, there should be no problem.

You could always buy more at your destination or even send it ahead to the hotel marked “hold for arrival”.

Finally, as suggested, Pre-Check is a great option.

Can't be worse than having my dildo spotted in my carry on bag at security. The TSA guy sad my bag needed to be unpacked. When I asked what they were concerned about, his response was "There's something organic in there". He handled it very gingerly...

I'm sure some posters on here will swear the same happened to them and post in their blog how they ended up having free sex with a young black TSA employee... LOL

Don't worry unless you have a bomb in your dildo you're ok!

I’m just imagining one overzealous TSA agent flagging it as suspicious and taking it out of the bag for swabbing. I’m sure many will be clueless about it, but with those who know, it’s gonna be awkward.

He’ll check that is empty and put it on the tray

It is really the amount of liquid that they are looking for. I think it is 4ounces rather than two ounces. As long as your douche is not larger, there should be no problem.

No, the douche could be larger then 4 oz but MUST be empty and if spotted placed on a tray to be scanned by itself. Try bringing an empty bottle of Coca Cola with you, fill it with water after you go through security.

I had my douched removed and placed on a tray twice while traveling with a carry on bag for a year, later I achieved status on United and I started checking my bag for free and only carrying my laptop.

You could always buy more at your destination or even send it ahead to the hotel marked “hold for arrival”.

Finally, as suggested, Pre-Check is a great option.

The OP @keroscenefire should considered those choices but might end up paying $25 per checked bag, and if he has a short connection he might get his bag lost and delivered hours later at his hotel.

Edited by marylander1940

If it’s that big an issue, simply ship it to the closest UPS Store or your hotel.

Medical bags are allowed as a third carry on, so get yourself a bag with a Red Cross, or “Medical” stenciled on it and pack all your toys in it.

I do recall that they allow this - mainly for people with insulin or other specific medical needs. Some airlines require a doctor's letter. Not sure I would be comfortable doing this - feels like I am abusing a privilege... ;)

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0625/6381/products/2048x2048_76_a79a2a92-8a04-415d-b215-91e5a644ea5a_600x.jpg?v=1573147944

The OP @keroscenefire should considered those choices but might end up paying $25 per checked bag, and if he has a short connection he might get his bag lost and delivered hours later at his hotel.

I am flying Southwest so could check the bag if I want and it wouldn't cost me anything. It's more of the convenience of having my bag and ready to go as soon as I leave the plane.

I do recall that they allow this - mainly for people with insulin or other specific medical needs. Some airlines require a doctor's letter. Not sure I would be comfortable doing this - feels like I am abusing a privilege... ;)

If you'd have a heart attack dropping a douche in your regular luggage, THIS IS A MEDICAL NECESSITY.

I've traveled American, Delta, Southwest, United, HOP! and the Eagle, Express, Connection airlines without question regarding my 'third' carry one, which is a gray rectangular RESMED CPAP machine. Only one time a gate attendant hesitated and all I needed to utter was "medical" and she allowed me onboard with three carry-ons.

airmini_travelbag.jpg

Edited by instudiocity

I am flying Southwest so could check the bag if I want and it wouldn't cost me anything. It's more of the convenience of having my bag and ready to go as soon as I leave the plane.

You realize that check baggage is x-rayed and many times inspected outside your presence? Many a time, my checked bag comes to me with that 3.66" x 8.5" white card in blue and red printing that says TSA has jumbled my undies.

You realize that check baggage is x-rayed and many times inspected outside your presence? Many a time, my checked bag comes to me with that 3.66" x 8.5" white card in blue and red printing that says TSA has jumbled my undies.

Yeah, but I don't have to be present for that. I don't really care if an anonymous stranger goes through my stuff. I just for some reason am more hung up by having someone in front of me handing a douche.

I'm sure some posters on here will swear the same happened to them and post in their blog how they ended up having free sex with a young black TSA employee... LOL

Don't worry unless you have a bomb in your dildo you're ok!

He’ll check that is empty and put it on the tray

No, the douche could be larger then 4 oz but MUST be empty and if spotted placed on a tray to be scanned by itself. Try bringing an empty bottle of Coca Cola with you, fill it with water after you go through security.

I had my douched removed and placed on a tray twice while traveling with a carry on bag for a year, later I achieved status on United and I started checking my bag for free and only carrying my laptop.

Well...since you brought it up ?

Mine was Thai. He handed me the douche. I felt his strength and how smooth his skin.

Afterwards he patted my butt and assured me. "You're good to go."?

Yeah, but I don't have to be present for that. I don't really care if an anonymous stranger goes through my stuff. I just for some reason am more hung up by having someone in front of me handing a douche.

A douche is not a bomb or cocaine you’ll be just fine at least the stranger knows your prostate works good and you can enjoy sex in ways he can’t imagine