Sperm counts of western men plummeting

Walker1
This topic is 1619 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We may never know for sure if quality of semen has declined the last 50 years. Still, it's food for thought.

Wearing extra tight briefs along with obesity may create challenges in the fecundity department. Whaddya gonna do?

The CNN article was accompanied by an ad for fertility therapies, at least on my device. Hmmmmm....

We may never know for sure if quality of semen has declined the last 50 years. Still, it's food for thought.

Wearing extra tight briefs along with obesity may create challenges in the fecundity department. Whaddya gonna do?

The CNN article was accompanied by an ad for fertility therapies, at least on my device. Hmmmmm....

Because of the way I had kids, I had to get tested. Mine was in the 65 million to 75 million range over the few times I got tested for the two procedures. Doctor recommended ICSI. because it is not just sperm concentration, but the number that are not abnormal in some way. Now I was over 40 and so doctor said the chance of natural conception was not very good based on my readings-now since I am gay, it didn't matter. My only exposure was discussion with the two different doctors who helped me both times. Both said they were seeing infertility more and more in straight couples-even in men in their twenties far more often. Both didn't know why.

It is interesting. Per this and the other articles, the sperm count seems to be continuously declining. I find it amazing that it is happening in one area of the world and so consistently and that nobody seems to be researching to find a cause and /or potential cure. Meanwhile the rest of us have our opinions.:D

The Chinese are poisoning our balls so we create less humans to compete with them....

In the mean time...the Chinese are using “sperm extractors” to increase their population....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7280395/Hands-free-vibrating-sperm-extractors-used-Chinese-hospitals.html

Jesus....don’t you guys know anything?!?!

grin

Ummmmmmmmm...more Chinese:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEnfL253McKUzs4zhi_gmAqfc76CbQBJc6fnf2x3qGa0w2glGH&simages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSx_jPMZ54JFJxqeYhNSjvU9qV9FfIAjfG3JPY6GGgzJoYMC24r&simages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFVUQ-Ptmfa6-e6oXlBConaledOzCdIXhnPpN6AZx3K5aIwuvi&sef455f54026a7053480fcafc95785123.jpg

There's also the fact we have an aging population. And the use of assisted reproductive technologies in the first place has increased the proportion of people with genetic infertility issues passing them on...there are a lot of candidates to consider before jumping to the idea that socialization is lowering sperm count.

Hell, your sperm count declines if you masturbate frequently because you are more depleted at any given time. Maybe we jerk off a lot more than people in other countries.

Given that each of my kids was a “first try,” I took steps decades ago to assure that my sperm count would be zero.

Personally, I think the problem is more likely rooted in fashion trends which hold the twins closer and tighter to the body where they’re hotter.

I don’t understand your second sentence, and how did you assure that your sperm count would decline to zero?