411 on Bruce (NY Ad from 1976)

kent
This topic is 1651 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

FIRST GUY I ever hired was from an Ad like that , in LA, a local paper just b4 the AOL era, somebody refresh me, wasn't a mag like The Advocate but a regular paper like Village V. Could it have been LA Weekly did they run these Ads in the back?? It was just a torso, sideways, showing just lower part of face, BUT something said YES.

*turned out to be a GOR Playgirl model.

* and I saw him on and off for the next 23 YEARS. Until he was in late 40's. Even though he'd married, had kids, had his own Tech Biz, he still occasionally needed xtra cash :-)

Just curious, @kent, did you save the clipping of that ad from the time you hired him? I have a whole story running in my head now - you a teenage Kansas boy secretly finding his ad and planning to sneak away from your family during your first NYC trip.... etc.

I'd love to hear the story :p

Just curious, @kent, did you save the clipping of that ad from the time you hired him? I have a whole story running in my head now - you a teenage Kansas boy secretly finding his ad and planning to sneak away from your family during your first NYC trip.... etc.

I'd love to hear the story :p

I was trying to pin point the dates of the trip for other reasons and got curious about the ad. I bought on eBay a copy of the advocate that was on the stands when I was there and found the ad and then scanned it.

One thing that stands out from the experience is that he showed up in a fur coat, which was not what I had been expecting. He explained it was to keep hotel security from stopping or harassing him.

I guess I should post a review, but don't know if 43 years is too long to have waited.

FIRST GUY I ever hired was from an Ad like that , in LA, a local paper just b4 the AOL era, somebody refresh me, wasn't a mag like The Advocate but a regular paper like Village V. Could it have been LA Weekly did they run these Ads in the back?? It was just a torso, sideways, showing just lower part of face, BUT something said YES.

* and I saw him on and off for the next 23 YEARS. Until he was in late 40's. Even though he'd married, had kids, had his own Tech Biz, he still occasionally needed xtra cash :)

Ok, you’ve gotta share more details! Great story.

* and I saw him on and off for the next 23 YEARS. Until he was in late 40's. Even though he'd married, had kids, had his own Tech Biz, he still occasionally needed xtra cash :)

I was trying to pin point the dates of the trip for other reasons and got curious about the ad. I bought on eBay a copy of the advocate that was on the stands when I was there and found the ad and then scanned it.

One thing that stands out from the experience is that he showed up in a fur coat, which was not what I had been expecting. He explained it was to keep hotel security from stopping or harassing him.

I guess I should post a review, but don't know if 43 years is too long to have waited.

Wasn't with my family. I was there essentially on my own: I accompanied a local store owner for whom I worked part time to a comic convention being held at a hotel near MSG.

Wasn't with my family. I was there essentially on my own: I accompanied a local store owner for whom I worked part time to a comic convention being held at a hotel near MSG.

THE 23 YO I FIRST MET AND SOME 23 YEARS LATER. (OLDER, DAD BOD, DIDN'T MATTER TO ME, HIS DICK TASTED THE SAME, AND FACT THAT I SAW HIM SO LONG THINK IN MY HEAD I STILL SAW THE YOUNG WORKING STR8 BOI WHO FIRST WALKED IN. HE'S IN HIS 50'S NOW, ONE OF HIS DAUGHTERS IS MARRIED.

* DID LOSE TRACK OF HIM FOR ABOUT 5-6 YEARS WHEN I LEFT LA, BUT DURING AN LA WORK PERIOD RAN INTO HIM IN RALPHS (LA supermarket for non CA's) AND I STARTED UP AGAIN WITH HIM. (WE STILL CATCH-UP ABOUT ONCE A YEAR VIA EMAIL :-)

*don't bother reverse imaging pls lol, on L an old regular film photo on R one I took myself :-)

HM.jpg