Guy Fawkes Night

gallahadesquire
This topic is 1655 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I wonder how widely it’s celebrated these days.

In Australia bonfire night was only on Guy Fawkes Day in Western Australia. Where I grew up it was on 24 May, which was Empire Day (Queen Victoria's birthday, Victoria Day is still a holiday in Canada, but I'm not sure it comes with bonfires and fireworks). By the time I left school our celebration had moved to the Queens Birthday holiday, second Monday in June.

In Australia bonfire night was only on Guy Fawkes Day in Western Australia. Where I grew up it was on 24 May, which was Empire Day (Queen Victoria's birthday, Victoria Day is still a holiday in Canada, but I'm not sure it comes with bonfires and fireworks). By the time I left school our celebration had moved to the Queens Birthday holiday, second Monday in June.

I wonder how widely it’s celebrated these days.

They need something to celebrate over in the United Kingdom - they had a hard Rugby World Cup loss this weekend. A few pints should put them right! ?

They need something to celebrate over in the United Kingdom - they had a hard Rugby World Cup loss this weekend. A few pints should put them right! ?

Only in England. Well, I guess Wales too, they lost the 3rd/4th playoff to the All Blacks the day before.

I saw several tweets on the night from Aussies and Kiwis urging the Boks on. I can neither confirm nor deny that I might have sent one of them myself.