Has anyone told Rick Munroe yet....

swallowU
This topic is 6067 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I suspect that after reading about the new "I Love Lucy" landmark, Rick will be making a few more trips to Los Angeles..... :-)

Hollywood block surrounding CNN building in Los Angeles is renamed Larry King Square in honor of talk show host

From Associated Press

September 13, 2007 5:55 AM EDT

LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles city block that surrounds a CNN building in Hollywood has been named after the cable network's talk show host Larry King.

The City Council voted Wednesday to rename the block "Larry King Square" in recognition of King's 50 years in broadcasting.

King, who started his career at a Miami radio station in 1957, hosts CNN's longest-running interview program, "Larry King Live."

The council also agreed to name an intersection near Paramount Studios "I Love Lucy Square," after the late comedian Lucille Ball and Lucy Casada, who owned a popular restaurant there called Lucy's El Adobe Cafe.

Ball and her husband, Desi Arnaz, also had a production company at the intersection of Melrose Avenue and Plymouth Boulevard.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Pres

>I suspect that after reading about the new "I Love Lucy"

>landmark, Rick will be making a few more trips to Los

>Angeles..... :-)

LOL Thanks for the tip! But, as much as I appreciate your thinking of me, I would much rather watch the episodes (over and over) than visit landmarks or put Lucy magnets on my refrigerator or have a Lucy switchplate or read a book about her. (I do buy the Lucy dolls, but only to complete my obsessive celebrity doll collection.) Otherwise, I'm not much into anything more than just appreciating comedy genius at work. :)

http://musclecarmuseum.net/shopnew/images/LP1043%20-%20LS%20LUCY%20CHOCOLATE%20FACTORY.jpg

>It's a small upstate NY city where Lucy was born. They have

>museums and other memorabilia from I Love Lucy. It might be

>worth a look.

Thanks! Like I said in my other post below, I'm really just into watching the episodes...but this place does sound cool. It might be neat to see some of the outfits and props they used. OK, I will think about it. :p

Jamestown NY near Buffalo. Lots of Lucy Memorablia. I believe you can buy a bottle of Vitameatavegamin there too. Especially good if you poop out at parties and are unpopular. You can join the thousands of happy, peppy people who use Vitameatavegamin.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KzgVvAy-6ms

I have never seen a purplekow;

I never hope to see one;

I can tell you anyhow;

I'd rather see than be one

Help there is a purplekow in my mirror

Archived