Fin Fang Foom Bids The Sandbox Adieu

FinFangFoom
This topic is 6117 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: Are we sure that this alert was from BN?

>So, are we sure that this alert was from BN? I haven't read everything on it, so I may have missed BN claiming responsibility for it, or something like that?

Exactly what I've been wondering. I haven't seen him here in quite some tme. A previous statement from Deej implied it was a BN alert. Can anyone confirm that?

Enquiring minds want to know. (Oops, hope I'm not violating a copyright law by using that phrase.)

:+

>I used to enjoy FFF's posts in the old days, when he was just trying to be entertaining, and often said so.

Charlie, you hit the nail on the head. FFN's early posts were classic and showed a wit and sense of humor that was unmatched.

Too bad some of the guys only know him from his more recent posts. Would love to read some of his old gems again. I often need a good laugh.

>Exactly what I've been wondering. I haven't seen him here in

>quite some tme. A previous statement from Deej implied it was

>a BN alert. Can anyone confirm that?

Read the rules. They'll tell you what alerts get acted on. It's pretty easy to connect the dots from there.

I will copy/paste it a third time:

I think I said that you CAN use it but it does not mean you have permission.

Parody carries limited protection. Perez Hilton can claim parody all he wants. He still gets sued.

There was no parody in what FFF posted. It was intentionally hateful, intended to harm, and had been tweaked and escalated over the last few months.

Deej,

I HAVE read the rules. It's not a question on whether or not the rules were violated.

My question centered around WHO initiated the alert. And, in my mind, a more important question is WHEN did this site start outing and making public who issues alerts?

I'm not big on making someone guilty by connecting the dots. Unless someone in authority, who actually knows states BN reported the violation then I'm not going to assume he did.

I really hope this message center isn't going to start disclosing who reports violations or complains. I don't see how that is productive. x(

Word has reached me as I travel of this tragic decision by FFF. Such a shame to lose an intelligent and funny contributor. We already lost Doug 69, who never appeared again, and doesn't even read this site anymore. Can someone try to let him know of this sad situation?

Guest ReturnOfS

>Rupert Murdoch wins again. I had no idea that this board was

>part of the DJ deal.

>

Lets see. Rupert Murdoch wins because a rightwing poster who is an admirer of his, who loves posting rightwing idealogy, loves tearing down other posters, finally gets a warning from Daddy about one of his posts, throws a hissy fit and leaves on his own accord? He also throws an insult at posters on his way out.

That Rupert Murdoch is quite an amazing guy, then. How could he ever lose?

Guest alanm

>Wow.

>

>Tammy Faye participated in bilking $millions out of people.

>

>Observing that she got a second chance but BN didn't (and

>won't) is endorsement or defense?

I went back and read all of deej's Benji related comments since Doug posted his investigative gem on BN's loose acquaintance with the difference between writing a blog and cutting and pasting many other people's writings. I read nothing before Benji's blog mistakes came to our attention, except one comment from deej about Benji's blind items being taken word for word from other blogs/newspapers.

Deej's comments about Benji are not in the over-the-top category that most everyone would place people like RockHard and Skrubber. Deej could argue that he's exercising a moderator's duty to be fair to both sides. I would stongly disagree. But, I do agree that deej could make that argument effectively.

Good God Guys!!!!! Sixty one post regarding the fact that a fellow poster has picked up his toys and left the playground. Leaving this board is certainly FFF right but why all the fuss. If he wants to leave let him leave and I for one fail to understand why the rest of us should be concerned one way or another. To loosely paraphrase Rhett Butler "Frankly me dears we should not give a damn".

Guest josephga

I agree with Epigonos. people come and go all the time on message boards. I never see why people feel the need to post that they are leaving or why make a production out of it..

Guest ReturnOfS

>>I used to enjoy FFF's posts in the old days, when he was

>just trying to be entertaining, and often said so.

>

>Charlie, you hit the nail on the head. FFN's early posts were

>classic and showed a wit and sense of humor that was

>unmatched.

>

>Too bad some of the guys only know him from his more recent

>posts. Would love to read some of his old gems again. I often

>need a good laugh.

>

I know his old posts going WAY back; back to before you even started posting, Onefinger. You're reading with rose colored glasses.

>I know his old posts going WAY back; back to before you even started posting, Onefinger. You're reading with rose colored glasses.

Nothing wrong with my glasses, ROS, and they're far from being rose-colored.

I seriously doubt that FFF started posting before me. Although it currently shows I've only been a member since about 2005 (I'm sure it's a software glitch), I actually started posting on 21 July 2001. (Still have HooBoy's original e-mail welcoming me to the MC.)

I remember quite well some of FFF's early dissections of reviews and MC observations. They were funny, witty, and well-written.

I grant you that FFF's later postings have been caustic, often one-sided, and meant to disrupt this site. But I still maintain that some of his early works were gems and really added a funny flavor to the MC. ;-)

Archived