Welcome Kenzo! NYC's Infamous Masseur has joined our Forum

Redwine56
This topic is 1641 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, thought it was appropriate due to his popularity and always positive reviews in this market. There have been numerous posts about him previously in the Forum.

Infamous doesn’t mean famous. Has a negative connotation.

in·fa·mous

/ˈinfəməs/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

1. well known for some bad quality or deed.

"an infamous war criminal"

synonyms:
    notorious
    disreputable
    , ill-famed, of ill-repute;
    More

• wicked; abominable.

"the medical council disqualified him for infamous misconduct"

synonyms:
      abominable
      outrageous
      shocking
      shameful
      disgraceful
      dishonorable
      discreditable
      unworthy
      unprincipled
      unscrupulous
      ;
      More

True, but it can be used as an ironic exaggeration, downplaying any negative connotation.

Mike's got my back. No way was it my intention to portray a negative reference to Kenzo. Actually, quite the opposite. I've used the word and never thought it was a negative reflection. I was thinking memorable, popular, well known. I have to watch my p's and q's with you intellects.

Or not. I, for one, got your meaning immediately. Remember, we now live in a culture of outrage.

"Culture of outrage" seems unnecessarily political (and anti-Left). Everyone got his meaning. I just think there is a lot of good will towards Kenzo--I obviously need to see him!--and no one wanted him to feel anything but a welcoming embrace. Here's a hug, Kenzo: MMMM!

Mike's got my back. No way was it my intention to portray a negative reference to Kenzo. Actually, quite the opposite. I've used the word and never thought it was a negative reflection. I was thinking memorable, popular, well known. I have to watch my p's and q's with you intellects.

It could maybe mean that. But usually only if one is using it in a sarcastic sense. And it would probably be more common in speech where often the tone of voice and body language would show that you mean for 'infamous' to have a totally opposite meaning than the usually negative meaning. And in most cases, I think using it the way you want to use it, most people in the conversation would be acquainted with the subject/person in question and know you couldn't mean it in a negative sense. If I used the term your way, there's a good chance I'd use 'air quotes' when I said 'infamous'.

Gman