Have You Ever Run Into A Non-Related Twin Of Yourself?

Gar1eth
This topic is 1713 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Twenty or so years ago when I worked in Wisconsin, I walked into the office one day. The husband of one the secretaries was there and asked me if I had been working out the previous evening at the local gym. Since the words 'gym' and 'working out' have always been white noise to me, I had no idea what he was talking about. Ok I understood in general. But I told him no. He said there was a guy who looked like me at the gym.

A few weeks later, I actually ran into the guy myself. It was spooky how much we looked alike. Our main differences were that his voice was deeper, what little hair I have is mainly straight, and his was wavy, and he was straight (well I'm assuming he was since he was married and a father-but who actually knows). After this I'd probably run into him once or twice a month.

Once I was wearing a shirt with a company logo. A guy walked by staring at me. I took a chance and said, "I'm not so-and-so (I can't remember the guy's name anymore). ". The guy said 'Oh-he had been wondering since he knew my doppelgänger wouldn't be wearing that.

Another time I was at the airport. A guy on his way to the gate started talking to me. I realized he thought I was the other guy. It was a quick conversation. For some reason I didn't tell him I wasn't my doppelgänger.

I had always wanted to get a picture of the two of us. But cellphones didn't usually have cameras back then. And I wasn't able to. But this guy looked enough like me that if my Mom hadn't been paying attention when she walked up to him or had seen us standing side-by-side-and say she was standing at edge of a building hallway, there's a good chance she might not have been able to tell us apart from a distance.

Gman

For the sake of humanity, the mold was broken into bits after I was born. Rumor has it the bits were pulverized, mixed with concrete, and the resulting brick dropped off the edge of a boat sailing in the middle of an ocean.

But seriously...

I dated a guy who looked like my twin, except that he was nearly a foot shorter than me. In addition to looking like me, he had the same glasses and actually wore the same outfit as I did to our first date.

A good friend of mine was a singer. One evening during a concert, he happened to mention that his brother was in the audience. I was sitting in the audience with his brother. During the intermission, several people came up to us and began to talk...to ME, about how much I looked like my brother, the performer.

I JUST returned home from getting a massage from a guy I've never seen before. Upon entering his home he said "you look really familiar. you and I haven't met, but I've had a client who looks just like you."

Phoenix, you've been warned! There's another copy of me out there. Better buy a hat so you can hold onto it.

• 2 weeks later...
I CONTINUALLY get mistaken for Adam Russo. People refuse to believe that I'm not him, sometimes to the point that they send me clips of him insisting I'm trying to play them. We've met a couple times and we do favor each other, but I think all us bald guys look alike.

Not to diss Adam but I think you are more muscular.

Gman

I CONTINUALLY get mistaken for Adam Russo. People refuse to believe that I'm not him, sometimes to the point that they send me clips of him insisting I'm trying to play them. We've met a couple times and we do favor each other, but I think all us bald guys look alike.

Not to diss Adam but I think you are more muscular.

Gman

Thanks! I'm taller, too, but he is a good looking dude.

No argument there.

Gman