Rates in London?

irfy
This topic is 1764 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I paid £200 per hour on a recent trip to London. That's just a single data point and not necessarily the going rate. I had a second hire lined up at a less than that (£160, as I recall), but he flaked on me. Based on that very small sample size, I'd say the going rate for a guy who will show up is £200. :)

Yep in my experience £200 is typically the going rate for an in call in London. You can find some who charge lower or who offer a discount for 2 hour sessions, but generally that is the London rate for a hire.

I think 200 is too much and maybe only tourists pay that, normally it's 120-150 range, one guy who was in Paris last week quoted 150 euros which is roughly 130 GBP but now he's in London he's asking for 200. Not sure why they think they can command a higher price in London.

I think 200 is too much and maybe only tourists pay that, normally it's 120-150 range, one guy who was in Paris last week quoted 150 euros which is roughly 130 GBP but now he's in London he's asking for 200. Not sure why they think they can command a higher price in London.

Same reason they can command 350 in new york ... whatever the market will bear.. Sadly, for me i find it hard to justify such high rates and stick to my regulars in the 200 -250 range

• 4 weeks later...
What are going rates in London or UK? Increasingly I'm seeing more and more who advertise at £200 per hour! That's way too much isn't it? I thought generally it was in the 120-150 range

Is this on RM? A lot of guys also have profiles on Hunqz or sleepyboys and those rates are usually 50 less than the RM quote.

My feeling is that the higher rates quoted are “asking prices”. Of course, business visitors and tourists are unlikely to bargain for what they want at a specific time in a short period and so they may pay these “asking prices”.

For UK or London-based clients, the actual rates paid are often less. The influx of willing ‘amateurs’ and easy availability via the apps have combined to keep rates down in real terms. In my experience, rates paid haven’t increased much, if at all, in 10 years.

• 3 weeks later...