Str8 guys less concerned with race than Gay Men?

studchaser
This topic is 1847 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

People are so quick to vilify the white person attracted to other whites, but when other race people wouldn't consider dating anybody other than whites or even their own race, nothing is said. Interesting video about Kevin and I wish him well and think he's on the right track now. But Keven doesn't mention if he himself ever considered looking for other Asians, Asian-Americans (like himself), South-East Asians, Pacific Islanders, Hispanics, Mixed-Race, Mulatas, Blacks or women of any other race mixture or ethnicity! Kevin himself seems to be only attracted to white women and hurt when rejected by them. I doubt the video would have ever been made if it was Kevin who was doing the rejecting of other-race women he didn't find attractive. Yet whites are the racists!

And as far as the gay "community", I do see a lot of guys that have their "types". Maybe it's because I've lived in large city's with a diverse GLBT community that I've come across this? Haven't we all heard the terms I personally find distasteful: Rice Queen, Bean Queen, Spade Queen, Bagel Queen, and I don't know it there's a "Hummus or Falafel Queen" yet but we've all heard them mentioned with a snicker. These are white gay men that prefer men of these different races and ethnicities. Should I be offended because they aren't attracted to a middle-aged, obese, hairy "white" (the jury's still out) man with a small dick to boot?! Please, let people like who they like without labeling them as "racist" just because they don't like us back!

Kevin was raised by a white family. Second, we do not know enough about him to draw final conclusions. You may well be right, but we do not know for sure

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CqAr-ilWYAEyqnV.jpg

This model, Brian Whittaker, is pretty typical of mixed-race men who turn me on. I've jacked off to his pictures once or twice. I posted some strings on him in anther forum:

https://www.boytoy.com/forums/topic/27571-i-go-wild-for-armpit-shots/page/67/?tab=comments#comment-170593

https://www.boytoy.com/forums/topic/27492-the-eyes-have-it/page/31/?tab=comments#comment-170588

Just my preference. Maybe I'm being manipulated by Madison Avenue and Hollywood, but, for whatever reason, that's the way I am. As for Asian men, I tend to prefer men from southern Asia (Iran, Pakistan, India, Burma, Thailand), and less often men from northeastern Asia (China, Korea), although Kevin is a man I'd do in a heartbeat. He's actually lucky to be so handsome, and I can't believe how whiny he is. It really sounds as if he wouldn't touch a woman from northeast Asia with a ten -foot pole himself. Maybe he's the one who should broaden his horizons. Of course, in my experience, heterosexual women don't seem to care about physical appearance much, but seem to be more focused on a man's ability as a provider. Very few male models are financially successful, so maybe heterosexual women see him as a loser. I suspect he's the one being too picky, and he needs to assess his life and make some changes.

Edited by Unicorn

Well since one recent study suggested that upwards of 70 percent of same-sex couples met online (https://www.technologyreview.com/s/609091/first-evidence-that-online-dating-is-changing-the-nature-of-society/), I would say it's more than just a "small universe."

There is also the whole class-action lawsuit from gay Asian-Americans alleging racial discrimination on Grindr. https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/asian-american-man-threatens-class-action-discrimination-suit-against-grindr-n890946

And of course Grindr had to do that whole Kindr campaign do go against the backlash of the site (with 27 million users) that sees many profiles with messages like "No Asians" or "No Blacks." So while I wouldn't necessarily say that gay men are more concerned with race than straight men....I do think that racism in the gay community is a big problem.

I’m obviously black and I think the class action lawsuit against Grindr is total bullshit.

1.) you cant force someone to be attracted to you, by way of law. Getting laid and “being attracted by”, aren’t part of any “Civil Right”, in the constitution.

2.) Instead of being angry at white guys who say “no blacks, no Asians, etc.” , why not ask themselves why they are seeking the validation of white men, and desperately seeking their attention and affection?

3.) I wish more guys would post exactly what they like and don’t like on those apps. It saves me a lot of time in my searches ?

I’ll never support a self-hating snow queen. They are just as cold and vile to their own race as the white men they are rallying against. ??

Well since one recent study suggested that upwards of 70 percent of same-sex couples met online (https://www.technologyreview.com/s/609091/first-evidence-that-online-dating-is-changing-the-nature-of-society/), I would say it's more than just a "small universe."

There is also the whole class-action lawsuit from gay Asian-Americans alleging racial discrimination on Grindr. https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/asian-american-man-threatens-class-action-discrimination-suit-against-grindr-n890946

And of course Grindr had to do that whole Kindr campaign do go against the backlash of the site (with 27 million users) that sees many profiles with messages like "No Asians" or "No Blacks." So while I wouldn't necessarily say that gay men are more concerned with race than straight men....I do think that racism in the gay community is a big problem.

I’m obviously black and I think the class action lawsuit against Grindr is total bullshit.

1.) you cant force someone to be attracted to you, by way of law. Getting laid and “being attracted by”, aren’t part of any “Civil Right”, in the constitution.

2.) Instead of being angry at white guys who say “no blacks, no Asians, etc.” , why not ask themselves why they are seeking the validation of white men, and desperately seeking their attention and affection?

3.) I wish more guys would post exactly what they like and don’t like on those apps. It saves me a lot of time in my searches ?

I’ll never support a self-hating snow queen. They are just as cold and vile to their own race as the white men they are rallying against. ??

CqAr-ilWYAEyqnV.jpg

This model, Brian Whittaker, is pretty typical of mixed-race men who turn me on. I've jacked off to his pictures once or twice. I posted some strings on him in anther forum:

https://www.boytoy.com/forums/topic/27571-i-go-wild-for-armpit-shots/page/67/?tab=comments#comment-170593

https://www.boytoy.com/forums/topic/27492-the-eyes-have-it/page/31/?tab=comments#comment-170588

Just my preference. Maybe I'm being manipulated by Madison Avenue and Hollywood, but, for whatever reason, that's the way I am. As for Asian men, I tend to prefer men from southern Asia (Iran, Pakistan, India, Burma, Thailand), and less often men from northeastern Asia (China, Korea), although Kevin is a man I'd do in a heartbeat. He's actually lucky to be so handsome, and I can't believe how whiny he is. It really sounds as if he wouldn't touch a woman from northeast Asia with a ten -foot pole himself. Maybe he's the one who should broaden his horizons. Of course, in my experience, heterosexual women don't seem to care about physical appearance much, but seem to be more focused on a man's ability as a provider. Very few male models are financially successful, so maybe heterosexual women see him as a loser. I suspect he's the one being too picky, and he needs to assess his life and make some changes.

“Just a preference”, is a myth.

Our preferences are shaped by centuries of propaganda and environmental influence.

Although I think this guy is gorgeous, I do understand that my belief of his “beauty”, is shaped by social influence of beauty, shaped by Eurocentricm, colorism, featurism, and a standard of “preference” of light skinned “black” or alleged “bi-racial”’people.

CqAr-ilWYAEyqnV.jpg

Our preferences are shaped by centuries of propaganda and environmental influence.

Although I think this guy is gorgeous, I do understand that my belief of his “beauty”, is shaped by social influence of beauty, shaped by Eurocentricm, colorism, featurism, and a standard of “preference” of light skinned “black” or alleged “bi-racial”’people.

From the article linked in your post:

“Please spread my call for co-plaintiffs to all your gay Asian men in your life that has been offended, humiliated, degraded and dehumanized by Grindr allowing gay white men to write in their profiles ‘No Asians,’ ‘Not interested in Asians,’ or ‘I don’t find Asians attractive,’” Keodora wrote in a tweet. “I’m suing Grindr for being a breeding ground that perpetuates racism against gay Asian [men].”

I find the idea of labeling someone "racist" because of their sexual desires objectionable. Just because you don't want to have sex with a certain group of people doesn't mean you feel those people are inferior. There are lots of people that I wouldn't want to pursue for sexual activity: women, children, senior citizens, obese men, bald men, and, generally, gingers. That doesn't mean I harbor a hatred for any of these groups of people. I have somewhat of a preference for honey or caramel colored skin and darker hair, so I might show somewhat of a preference for Latin or mixed-race men, but that's not because I find them generally superior as a race or people. It's just what'll get me off the easiest. I guess in this line-up, I'd tend to prefer #7-9 from the left in terms of skin tone. But a nice body or face can make up for a lot. If there's a killer body or face, I can even occasionally like bald men or gingers.

http://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/8/7/7/4/0/3/1/MTS_Kitty25939-1714329-BodySwatches-CoolOfficial.jpeg

I both agree and disagree with you.

1.) Our “preferences”, are prejudices

2.) “Preferences” aren’t fair, but it doesn’t matter. When it comes to whom someone sleeps with, they owe no explanation.

3.) Who we are attracted to, does play a significant role in how we deeply feel about that person’s race as a whole, which is why so many ethnic snow queens seek the validation of white men. It’s not just a preference for them, it’s a deep seeded, euro-centric validation. A white man’s acceptance will make them feel better about who they are .

4.) There’s no such thing as “just a preference”. Every single last one of or so called preferences are shaped by social/environment, influences that start at our upbringing.

We truly don’t own many of our decisions. Lol.....

From the article linked in your post:

“Please spread my call for co-plaintiffs to all your gay Asian men in your life that has been offended, humiliated, degraded and dehumanized by Grindr allowing gay white men to write in their profiles ‘No Asians,’ ‘Not interested in Asians,’ or ‘I don’t find Asians attractive,’” Keodora wrote in a tweet. “I’m suing Grindr for being a breeding ground that perpetuates racism against gay Asian [men].”

I find the idea of labeling someone "racist" because of their sexual desires objectionable. Just because you don't want to have sex with a certain group of people doesn't mean you feel those people are inferior. There are lots of people that I wouldn't want to pursue for sexual activity: women, children, senior citizens, obese men, bald men, and, generally, gingers. That doesn't mean I harbor a hatred for any of these groups of people. I have somewhat of a preference for honey or caramel colored skin and darker hair, so I might show somewhat of a preference for Latin or mixed-race men, but that's not because I find them generally superior as a race or people. It's just what'll get me off the easiest. I guess in this line-up, I'd tend to prefer #7-9 from the left in terms of skin tone. But a nice body or face can make up for a lot. If there's a killer body or face, I can even occasionally like bald men or gingers.

http://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/8/7/7/4/0/3/1/MTS_Kitty25939-1714329-BodySwatches-CoolOfficial.jpeg

I both agree and disagree with you.

1.) Our “preferences”, are prejudices

2.) “Preferences” aren’t fair, but it doesn’t matter. When it comes to whom someone sleeps with, they owe no explanation.

3.) Who we are attracted to, does play a significant role in how we deeply feel about that person’s race as a whole, which is why so many ethnic snow queens seek the validation of white men. It’s not just a preference for them, it’s a deep seeded, euro-centric validation. A white man’s acceptance will make them feel better about who they are .

4.) There’s no such thing as “just a preference”. Every single last one of or so called preferences are shaped by social/environment, influences that start at our upbringing.

We truly don’t own many of our decisions. Lol.....

There is wisdom in your words. I can, however, understand the sense of being put upon by the claimants. A great deal of their frustration and anger is generated by their youth and lack of life experience. When I was young, I would become angry by being summarily dismissed because I'm black, but aging and life experience made me understand that "I am what I am" and that I like what I am.

I have a different perception of preference. I don't perceive it as a myth or a limitation. When I was young and active my preference was for Asian hotties (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, etc.), but it was a preference, not a requirement. I was also chasing the Spanish hotties. And, this will give you a chuckle, I just gave up on the black hotties...not because of any racial considerations...the ones that got my attention were tops and just too big. o_O I must have been in the wrong line at the penis bar.:(

There is wisdom in your words. I can, however, understand the sense of being put upon by the claimants. A great deal of their frustration and anger is generated by their youth and lack of life experience. When I was young, I would become angry by being summarily dismissed because I'm black, but aging and life experience made me understand that "I am what I am" and that I like what I am.

I have a different perception of preference. I don't perceive it as a myth or a limitation. When I was young and active my preference was for Asian hotties (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino, etc.), but it was a preference, not a requirement. I was also chasing the Spanish hotties. And, this will give you a chuckle, I just gave up on the black hotties...not because of any racial considerations...the ones that got my attention were tops and just too big. o_O I must have been in the wrong line at the penis bar.:(

I agree with you. I think the Grindr lawsuit is bullshit and dangerous. It's the same kind of thinking that gives us FOESTA/SESTA that says the platform of information should be responsible for the individuals who publish on the platform. I do think many areas of the internet are a bit nasty towards certain types of people, but ultimately a law that tries to prevent that is censorship.

I agree with you. I think the Grindr lawsuit is bullshit and dangerous. It's the same kind of thinking that gives us FOESTA/SESTA that says the platform of information should be responsible for the individuals who publish on the platform. I do think many areas of the internet are a bit nasty towards certain types of people, but ultimately a law that tries to prevent that is censorship.

You have a few valid points but considering how touchy this subject is I would have expressed them in a softer way.

I think the standard of beauty has been greatly influenced by culture and media. "Persons of color" selected to represent “beauty” tend to be lighter skinned. Fortunately voluptuous lips more commonly found on blacks have been accepted in the last decades as something beautiful. It wasn't the case in the 50's or 60's when thin lips were considered sexier. Also most models are "whitewashed"

CqAr-ilWYAEyqnV.jpg

I agree that my stance could have been softer, as this is a touchy subject.

You have a few valid points but considering how touchy this subject is I would have expressed them in a softer way.

I think the standard of beauty has been greatly influenced by culture and media. "Persons of color" selected to represent “beauty” tend to be lighter skinned. Fortunately voluptuous lips more commonly found on blacks have been accepted in the last decades as something beautiful. It wasn't the case in the 50's or 60's when thin lips were considered sexier. Also most models are "whitewashed"

CqAr-ilWYAEyqnV.jpg

I agree that my stance could have been softer, as this is a touchy subject.

I totally see your points!!!!

Being black and gay is a unique experience in that you experience so many barriers due to preference... of course there were guys that didn’t like be because I was black... then there were other blacks who didn’t like me because of my complexion.... add in all of the other characteristics that people use to judge you, and it creates a huge wall of questioning ones self-worth. I drilled in my head over and over not to care about others opinions of me and it saved me from a lot of heartache and poor decisions.

I truly empathize for those who have not Learned that valuable lesson yet.

I live in DC, and there are plenty of white guys who can’t stand blacks... I laugh when I go to my predominantly white gay gym daily and get the “what are you doing here”, dirty looks from white gays, and the competition of the sprinkles of ethnic guys to get their attention and validation.

I take my fabulous black ass in every cycle, yoga class and weight room and fry the place up, and pay all of these people’s delusions, stereotypes, isms, preferences, insecurities and issues absolutely no mind, and throw shade with dignity and class. ???? ??

Edited by Monarchy79

I totally see your points!!!!

Being black and gay is a unique experience in that you experience so many barriers due to preference... of course there were guys that didn’t like be because I was black... then there were other blacks who didn’t like me because of my complexion.... add in all of the other characteristics that people use to judge you, and it creates a huge wall of questioning ones self-worth. I drilled in my head over and over not to care about others opinions of me and it saved me from a lot of heartache and poor decisions.

I truly empathize for those who have not Learned that valuable lesson yet.

I live in DC, and there are plenty of white guys who can’t stand blacks... I laugh when I go to my predominantly white gay gym daily and get the “what are you doing here”, dirty looks from white gays, and the competition of the sprinkles of ethnic guys to get their attention and validation.

I take my fabulous black ass in every cycle, yoga class and weight room and fry the place up, and pay all of these people’s delusions, stereotypes, isms, preferences, insecurities and issues absolutely no mind, and throw shade with dignity and class. ???? ??

Edited by Monarchy79

That beach with interracial couples in the “gay section” accounts for idk, .00001% of the population, if even lol. Believe it lol

You should believe it. What % of the population do you think gets surveyed for things like presidential election polls that get published in the NYT and network newscasts? I'll tell you this - Its a lot less than the thousands (or perhaps even tens of thousands) of people I have seen at the beach over the dozens of times I've been there over the years. Amazing what you learn when you pay attention in school. :rolleyes:

I like men of all races. I’m actually more attracted to dark skin blacks more so than light skin blacks. Something about chocolate complexion is so yummy. Nubius and deangelo Jackson are two of my favorite black gay porn stars, and they are both dark chocolate complexion. But beauty is subjective. I look for the whole package, face, butt, dick, abs, muscles, attitude more so than just by race. Also just because I say I like black guys, doesn’t mean I like all black guys. Same for Latino, white, or Asian.

I don't really agree...I think data of all sorts is the best way to support any decision you make. And the study in this case is fairly straightforward..white gay men who got messages from both other white men and men of color were most likely to respond to other white men. The fact that there are less people of color on these sites is irrelevant.

For what it's worth, there is a lot more data to the study. There was another question where users were asked: Would you strongly prefer to date someone of your own skin color/racial background and gay white men actually had the highest percentage responding yes with 43 percent. This data just looked at LGB data, but I think that is interesting.

https://www.gwern.net/docs/psychology/okcupid/samesexdataforracevsreplyrates.html

I'd say there is definitely a significant racial preferences in gay white men then in other groups.

With all due respect, blurring sexual tastes with societal racism is illogical. Sexual preference does not relate to racism in any way. Do you think Strom Thurmond and so many of his southern buddies who fathered mixed-race children were NOT racist because they were evidently sexually attracted to black women? Of course not. The test of racism is whether or not you believe the other person deserves the same rights and opportunities as you and whether or not you harbor animus against them on the basis of their color or ethnicity, NOT whether or not you will fuck them.

We don't understand what makes our genitalia hard. I certainly don't. I am VERY attracted to some ethnicities, including people of color, but not others. It doesn't make me racist. It makes me someone with specific sexual tastes.

With all due respect, blurring sexual tastes with societal racism is illogical. Sexual preference does not relate to racism in any way. Do you think Strom Thurmond and so many of his southern buddies who fathered mixed-race children were NOT racist because they were evidently sexually attracted to black women? Of course not. The test of racism is whether or not you believe the other person deserves the same rights and opportunities as you and whether or not you harbor animus against them on the basis of their color or ethnicity, NOT whether or not you will fuck them.

We don't understand what makes our genitalia hard. I certainly don't. I am VERY attracted to some ethnicities, including people of color, but not others. It doesn't make me racist. It makes me someone with specific sexual tastes.

I am not trying to say that an individual is racist because they don't date people of color. But I think societal racism is basically a form of social conditioning that absolutely does lead to individual preferences on race. Until Virginia V. Loving only about 50 years ago, it was actually against the law in many places for a man and a woman of different races to marry. And even to this day interracial marriage remains fairly low with only about 15 percent of marriages. And the white population is actually the least likely to intermarry with only about 2 percent of white people marrying someone outside their race. Sexuality is definitely a complicated thing, but I do think our society's views on race absolutely plays a part in our attraction to or at least our willingness to couple with those of other races and ethnicities.

I am not trying to say that an individual is racist because they don't date people of color. But I think societal racism is basically a form of social conditioning that absolutely does lead to individual preferences on race. Until Virginia V. Loving only about 50 years ago, it was actually against the law in many places for a man and a woman of different races to marry. And even to this day interracial marriage remains fairly low with only about 15 percent of marriages. And the white population is actually the least likely to intermarry with only about 2 percent of white people marrying someone outside their race. Sexuality is definitely a complicated thing, but I do think our society's views on race absolutely plays a part in our attraction to or at least our willingness to couple with those of other races and ethnicities.

A reasoned and plausible argument. My concern is that the nuances of your point get lost on some or reduced to "if you don't want to screw an Asian you are racist" (witness the lawsuit against Grindr). As someone who has dealt with societal disapproval of my sexual orientation for most of my life (not to mention some of the kinks I enjoy LOL) , I feel like I carry enough baggage on this issue. Many still consider us perverts, deviants, and sickos. Getting tagged as a racist too because of those tastes is just too much.