CANCELED - 2020 Palm Springs Weekend! #17

Oliver
This topic is 1514 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this email from InnDulge. The PS government has ordered all hotels closed until April 30.

Palm Springs has closed its hotels until at least April 30.

You will not be able to come and stay with us for your reservation. You will not be charged for this reservation/cancellation. If your deposit has been taken, please contact InndulgeManager@gmail.com for room night credits. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us and keep us in mind for your future travel plans.

INNdulge Palm Springs

601 S. Grenfall Rd. Palm Springs, CA 92264(760)327-1408

Just got this email from InnDulge. The PS government has ordered all hotels closed until April 30.

You will not be able to come and stay with us for your reservation. You will not be charged for this reservation/cancellation. If your deposit has been taken, please contact InndulgeManager@gmail.com for room night credits. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us and keep us in mind for your future travel plans.

INNdulge Palm Springs

You'll probably be given two options where you can select a better option during off-peak times or a good option during peak season. The option will also depend on your reservation, 4-day minimum or a week, or some number of days. Their initial response was fast, but after my second reply to them, I haven't heard back since last Friday. They may be inundated with emails.

INNdulge Palm Springs

Yes, I received it as well. And then immediately cancelled my flight.

Yes, I received it as well. And then immediately cancelled my flight.

I'm waiting for the Airlines to stop flying and perhaps they will offer a refund instead of credit for future flight. I still have time to see if air traffic is temporarily curtailed.

I'm waiting for the Airlines to stop flying and perhaps they will offer a refund instead of credit for future flight. I still have time to see if air traffic is temporarily curtailed.

I thought about it, but I'll have the credit at InnDulge to use, so having airfare to use will make scheduling it easy.

I thought about it, but I'll have the credit at InnDulge to use, so having airfare to use will make scheduling it easy.

I'm hoping to reschedule my travel and stay at INNdulge during the first or second week in December. If someone else from the forum is going to be there during that time, let me know... Maybe we can have a glass of wine or a margarita by the pool... Cheers!

Thanks ArVaGuy, I hadn't seen that in my inbox, but checking just now, I have received it too. Qantas has cancelled my flight and left me with a credit that I can use with no change fees but I have to pay whatever the going price is for the new ticket I buy. And I have to spend it all on one RT itinerary.

I hadn't tried to cancel up till now, hoping that a closure like this would force their hand on full refunds or credits.

Early December sounds good for PS, @easygoingpal but I'm not sure that I want to travel elsewhere in the US in December, particularly the North East.

A footnote to my cancelled ticket. Qantas has extended the validity of all vouchers for cancelled tickets in the current situation from 12 months after the original ticket purchase to 31 Dec 21. So I have the cash for my ticket for next year's gathering there, and don't have to use it by February, although I expect it will be more expensive by then. That assumes that we'll be flying again by then, of course, and that they haven't gone broke.

Early December sounds good for PS, @easygoingpal but I'm not sure that I want to travel elsewhere in the US in December, particularly the North East.

I contacted INNdulge and gave them the following dates for this December (16-21). My ticket with AA is cancelled and will re-book later on.

Since December is off-peak, I got three days for my previous two-day reservation. I booked two more days at the off-peak rate, for a total of five days. I'm hoping that the average December temperatures of (70° / 44°) will be warm enough for the pool, otherwise I might find myself in the hot-tub trying to find a good spot... :cool:

I contacted INNdulge and gave them the following dates for this December (16-21). My ticket with AA is cancelled and will re-book later on.

Since December is off-peak, I got three days for my previous two-day reservation. I booked two more days at the off-peak rate, for a total of five days. I'm hoping that the average December temperatures of (70° / 44°) will be warm enough for the pool, otherwise I might find myself in the hot-tub trying to find a good spot... :cool:

Average temps in PS have not been reliable this year. March was ten degrees below normal. Here it is April, and we are still in the 60s.

Average temps in PS have not been reliable this year. March was ten degrees below normal. Here it is April, and we are still in the 60s.

I moved the reservation as far into the future as possible hoping that most health issues will be taken care by then... I will keep my eyes open to the whole pandemic situation and will reconsider early fall. Thanks for the update @Charlie!

I moved the reservation as far into the future as possible hoping that most health issues will be taken care by then... I will keep my eyes open to the whole pandemic situation and will reconsider early fall. Thanks for the update @Charlie!

Are you a Californian? If not, keep in mind that you may not be able to travel to California in December without medical proof of antibodies or a mandatory 2-week quarantine. As states continue to diverge in their coronavirus policies over the next few months and the federal government continues to be disorganized and hands off, expect more states to seal their borders. It's legal and will be necessary since California and other early-acting states will not want to allow travelers from less rigorous states. California hasn't done it yet, but I won't be surprised if they do when things really start getting bad in many other states that waited way too long.

Are you a Californian?

Easygoingpal's profile says he lives in the Bay Area. I have no reason to disbelieve what he wrote about himself.

(Especially since he was so kind as to come hear me play a concert, and we went out and had a very agreeable meal after that).

Easygoingpal's profile says he lives in the Bay Area. I have no reason to disbelieve what he wrote about himself.

(Especially since he was so kind as to come hear me play a concert, and we went out and had a very agreeable meal after that).

I don't check people's profiles usually, so now I know to do so. Thank you.

If not, keep in mind that you may not be able to travel to California in December without medical proof of antibodies or a mandatory 2-week quarantine. As states continue to diverge in their coronavirus policies over the next few months and the federal government continues to be disorganized and hands off, expect more states to seal their borders.

You're quite right. Even though there isn't an approved antibody test yet, that may happen and may be a requirement. Back to the days of yellow vaccination books. I'm certainly not confident that travel from Australia will be possible this year, or that other countries or sub-national jurisdictions won't have severe restrictions. I would hope that they end up being more like the current yellow fever rules than complete travel bans, but we will see. Just now, I'm not confident in booking anything in Palm Springs before next April.

Are you a Californian? If not, keep in mind that you may not be able to travel to California in December without medical proof of antibodies or a mandatory 2-week quarantine. As states continue to diverge in their coronavirus policies over the next few months and the federal government continues to be disorganized and hands off, expect more states to seal their borders. It's legal and will be necessary since California and other early-acting states will not want to allow travelers from less rigorous states. California hasn't done it yet, but I won't be surprised if they do when things really start getting bad in many other states that waited way too long.

California is one of the few states that already has border control checkpoints on all major highways entering the state from other states, but positioning a checkpoint on every road along its enormously long border on the north and east would be difficult.

You're quite right. Even though there isn't an approved antibody test yet, that may happen and may be a requirement. Back to the days of yellow vaccination books. I'm certainly not confident that travel from Australia will be possible this year, or that other countries or sub-national jurisdictions won't have severe restrictions. I would hope that they end up being more like the current yellow fever rules than complete travel bans, but we will see. Just now, I'm not confident in booking anything in Palm Springs before next April.

Yes. There's a very promising antibody test that should be approved soon. If it is, getting it scaled will become a priority.

California is one of the few states that already has border control checkpoints on all major highways entering the state from other states, but positioning a checkpoint on every road along its enormously long border on the north and east would be difficult.

I never said it would be easy, but it will be a matter of public health and ways will probably be found.