Exchanging Shoes

RM
This topic is 1895 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Payless Shoes is in bankruptcy. They’re having a going out of business sale. Yesterday my friend went to their store and grabbed a pair of shoes from the size thirteen section and bought them. When he got home, he discovered they were size 11.

Today we went back to the store with the shopping bag with size 11 shoes. My friend got in line. I told him to grab a pair of size 13 shoes to exchange, so he did. When he got to the cashier, he showed her the size 11 and size 13 shoes that he wanted to exchange. She said there were no refunds or exchanges per the sign, but she’d call the manager. While we waited, he put the size 13 shoes back in the shopping bag. The cashier came back and said the manager said he couldn’t exchange the shoes. My friend said it was their fault that the size 11 shoes were on the size 13 shelf and he wanted to talk to the manager. The cashier said the manager wasn’t in today; once you leave the store you can’t make an exchange. I told her I’d write to the local newspaper.

So we left with the size 13 shoes.