Star of Grey's Anatomy comes out

This topic is 2243 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't watch current TV shows so I have no idea who this is but T.R. Knight just came out to People magazine. I think it's great that as more celebrities come out, it's less sensational each time. It was such a big deal with Ellen, but so much has changed in 10 years. Like T.R. says in the interview, "I hope the fact that I'm gay isn't the most interesting part of me." Very cool.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061019/ap_on_en_tv/people_t_r__knight

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/slideshow/87183/31.jpg

Kudos for TR, however, it's the circumstances behind his announcement that concerns me.

According to Hollywood sources, TR was forced out of the closet after an on-set argument between actors Isiah Washington and Patrick Dempsey. Apparently upset that TR, or one of the other cast members was late arriving on the set, Washington's anger got the better of him and he and Patrick Dempsey got into a face to face argument with some saying he put Dempsey in a choke hold while yelling an anti-gay slur about TR.

It all seemed to be downplayed by Dempsey and Washington and although the set was closed down temporarily, everyone apologized afterwards and that seemed the end of it.

However, there are those that are demnading Washington be fired from his job for his angry and physical outburst as well as using the "faggot" word, referring to TR.

One wonders if the "N" word were used at he, or his fellow African-American castmates, would there be more fuss about this situation?

Go, discuss amongst yourselves....

Ed

• 11 years later...

Well, it DOES serve to keep all the information about "Grey's Anatomy" in one thread, rather than two separate threads.

*Disclaimer: This is no way indicates that I am a fan of the show "Grey's Anatomy". I think I watched two episodes, must have been at least 12 years ago.

Well, that didn’t take long.

Less than a week after it was announced that Sarah Drew would be leaving Grey’s Anatomy at season’s end, the actress has landed one of the two lead roles in CBS’ Cagney & Lacey reboot.

In the prospective series, Drew, who has starred on the hit ABC drama as April Kepner for nine seasons, will star as Cagney. The easygoing LAPD detective is the protégée of Lacey, the straightforward veteran detective set to be played by Blindspot alum Michelle Hurd, who was part of the original cast of SVU, but was replaced by Ice-T.

Sharon Gless and Tyne Daly starred in the original series, which ran from 1981-88.

Written by Friday Night Lights alum Bridget Carpenter, the reboot finds the two female detectives and friends trying to keep the streets of Los Angeles safe. Rosemary Rodriguez (The Good Wife) will direct the pilot.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F03%2Fsarah-drew-michelle-hurd.jpg%3Fw%3D1200&w=700&q=85

As Dr. Callie Torres on “Grey’s Anatomy,” actress Sara Ramirez broke barriers for bisexual representation on television.

Now, she’s set to push the needle a bit further, as her “Madam Secretary” character Kat Sandoval will open up about her bisexuality on Sunday’s episode of the CBS series.

Entertainment Weekly broke the news Thursday with an exclusive clip that showed Kat engaged in an emotional discussion with Jay Whitman (played by Sebastian Arcelus) about co-parenting her child as a bisexual woman. In the scene, the character also describes herself as “pansexual, fluid, non-monosexual” as well as “queer.”

Ramirez opened up about Kat’s character arc in an interview with Build Series earlier this week.

“It is exciting to, again, just share another lived experience, another version, that is not often centered in mainstream media,” she explained, as seen in the video above. “I think the context in which we’re having these conversations right now is just really exciting.”

The Mexican-American star spoke about identifying as queer and bisexual off-screen in an interview this month for “Coming Out Stories,” a new video series produced by People and Entertainment Weekly.

At first, Ramirez was concerned about the impact coming out would have on her career in show business. Over time, she said she felt “an organic, incremental urgency to use my platform to empower those who are a part of these communities that I’m a part of” after witnessing incidents of anti-LGBTQ violence, such as the 2016 Pulse nightclub massacre in Orlando, Florida.