Ft.Lauderdale leboy and Boardwalk what happened?

johnjohn
This topic is 1218 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this vid of Boardwalk's new look. Impressive. Wondering if the guys now are also impressive.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=654281251690041

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=654281251690041

I was there last month and thought there were some pretty hot guys at Boardwalk. I think Johnson’s has a greater number of hot guys but Boardwalk’s renovation makes it a much better space (for me) to hang out in.

I still haven't been to the new BW, but I noticed they did close the restaurant out front. I wonder what the new owner wants to do with it.

Oh no. That's the thing I liked best at Boardwalk. Very decent food. They must have noticed customers would tire of the inventory inside and would nibble outside at the front cafe waiting for something passable to pass by going to work.

We were in town over the weekend and saw Kirk at Johnsons. Wow! Looked to be pretty new in the biz and maybe a little shy. That only made him look HOTTER. Much more of a blonde than you see in his picture. And that smile. Woah.

Tried all 3 bars on Sunday night:

Stop #1 - LeBoy. Have not been a fan of the place, still miss Johnny's (that awesome dump). It was bartender Andys' 50th Birthday Party. Sean set an amazing buffet out in the courtyard. It was so good to see Andy again. Found out he was working at Johnny's even before Sean bought the place. An OK club. Pretty busy for the early hour (about 7pm) that we were there. Two drinks and moved on.

Stop #2 - Boardwalk. First visit since the sale and remodel. The place looks really nice. The outside bar was open when we got there around 8pm. Don't know if they were serving food. Maybe 15 customers and some hot dancers that were very busy on their phones in the corner inside the club. Looked like they could not have cared less about being there. Nice surprise our drinks were decent and only $5 each. Very good looking bartender that probably couldn't handle a busy crowd. Just one drink and moved on.

Stop #3 - Johnsons. Clearly the winner all weekend long. Got there around 9pm on Sunday. Place was packed! Easily 15-20 dancers either on stage or constantly circulating around the club. No S&M (standing and modeling) for these studs. The energy was high even before walking inside. Alpha (security outside) was super nice. Very welcoming. Making sure we were OK. Speaking of making sure we were OK .... Omar behind the bar. Sigh. This has got to be one of the nicest Men we have ever met. And SO easy on the eyes. Haven't seen him in ages. Made us feel so special. Let us know how good it was to see us again. And the dancers. Dayum. Thank goodness the place is too far to go to very often. We'd be broke! Several of the dancers made us feel Very Very Welcome too ;):D:p

Was in FLL a little over a week ago. LeBoy was decent once ya got to know some of the guys. (They did not really approach me initially.). Went by for a few hours each night.

Boardwalk.... looks great. Love the work they've put into the place, but it's still the same dancers that are overly aggressive and just walk up behind you and start doing a massage without so much as a hello. Was not overly impressed and left after a drink.

Johnsons... Matt has done a fantastic job with the place. I've noticed they're playing older music. (80's-2000's) instead of just finding a Beyonce or whatever the new/hot pop song might be. It seemed appreciated by the audience. I just wish they're private rooms were actually private. If only I could take LeBoy's private area and drop it into Johnson's...

• 1 month later...
Even though the "new" Boardwalk has been open for a while, the official Grand Opening is tonight, July 13th. They are actually offering free admission tonight which is a first!!

They list "Full Menu" on their FB ad, so perhaps the outdoor cafe is open?

If anyone attends, please give an update.

I was there for the grand re-opening, and the place was packed, just like the old days. Dancers are starting get better looking compared to what was being presented a few months ago.

The place looks great, tiki bar is a nice addition and the restaurant was actually busy.

The only draw backs are they still allow smoking inside and the lap dance rooms and pricing need to be addressed. Half the rooms have no lighting so it's the sexy glow of the dancer's phone and the rooms are the size of high school gym locker. Also, their pricing for use of rooms is $25 for one time dance or $35 for all night. If they followed Johnson's lead, $10 for all night would bring in hotter dancers who could make actual money.

• 1 month later...

Ummm. I’ve always been a fan and cheerleader of Boardwalk, as I’ve always felt it has been underrated.

I’m visiting this weekend and just spent a couple hours of this Friday night at Boardwalk. The VIP rooms were $25 per “session” and $45 for VIPs For the entire evening.

I found this ridiculously overpriced and much higher than what I’d been quoted recently. The dancer I was with later told me he felt the $45 price tag was bullshit. With which I agreeed!

I only paid the $25 entry fee for one dancer VIP and vowed to spend the rest of the weekend at Johnson’s.

Has anyone else been quoted this price at Boardwalk? The club is beautiful and there

Is a decent sampling of “meat,” but I’m

On the threshold of just switching over to Johnson’s completely. Only downside is the open curtain policy at Johnson’s. I have to admit that I’m a naughty boy when it comes to VIP rooms at strip clubs ??

Any feedback or input?

• 2 weeks later...
I think the sale just happened. Don't know the new owners but my friend Josh bartends there during the day (happy hour, back porch). I will pump him for some information when i see him.

Thanks! Wondering if he will keep the same staff? Some of the guys have been there since it was Johnny's. Several of the bartenders like Andie, and of course Yannis! When I go back this winter I hope my old friends are still there. Especially Lee, the bouncer!!!

Thanks! Wondering if he will keep the same staff? Some of the guys have been there since it was Johnny's. Several of the bartenders like Andie, and of course Yannis! When I go back this winter I hope my old friends are still there. Especially Lee, the bouncer!!!

Bump.

I just thought of another bartender that I hope will stay - Chris. Any word?

Also, just saw an ad on FB saying they now had free parking. Any info on that?

• 2 weeks later...