Will You Watch The New "Murphy Brown"?

Avalon
This topic is 1994 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This show is catering to people who still watch network TV at the appointed hour and who remember Murphy Brown fondly.

Murphy Brown was never as popular as Roseanne and considering the demographics of the target groups, less than Roseanne ratings are to be expected.

I believe when the WH itself is so outrageous, making the fictional antics going on in there even more outrageous is tough.

I never watched the original. And I don't watch tv at the appointed time; I watch later on Hulu to avoid the commercials. And I watch the show because of Avery.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without 'Jim Dial' as a counterpoint on the show, I feel like it flounders. It's an echo chamber of sorts.

Every character needs their foil, otherwise things get boring very quickly.

Looks like Jim Dial is on next week's episode, though I don't know how big his role will be. Just saw him in a flash in a preview of next week's episode.

• 2 weeks later...

In the recent episode there was some affair and Avery brought a female date. But on the bright side the actor who plays the young Indian intern Pat Patel both the actor and the character are gay!

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6516135/

And finally he and a young man he had dated and was a waiter at the affair were making out in the backseat of a car.

Edited by Avalon

• 3 weeks later...