Amazon Prime?

Avalon
This topic is 2108 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just signed up for Amazon Prime

I have Hulu, CBS All Access, Netflix. I can watch anything they have for free.

I thought Amazon Prime had alot of gay movies but it doesn't seem to be. Plus I have to pay for everything there that I want to watch.

Am I missing something?

I thought Amazon Prime had alot of gay movies but it doesn't seem to be. Plus I have to pay for everything there that I want to watch.

Am I missing something?

Unlike Netflix, for example, all content on Amazon Video On Demand (VOD) is not free. Only videos marked with the “Prime” logo is free on demand. Others can be rented or purchases outright.

There is some GLBTQ content, but not a huge library. I watched “a warm wind” on there a few days ago.

Unlike Netflix, for example, all content on Amazon Video On Demand (VOD) is not free. Only videos marked with the “Prime” logo is free on demand. Others can be rented or purchases outright.

There is some GLBTQ content, but not a huge library. I watched “a warm wind” on there a few days ago.

Thank-you! I am disappointed.

Am I missing something?

You must be missing something in your screen. They do have a huge number of gay movies. They have a whole channel. Check "Here TV".

Edited by latbear4blk

You must be missing something in your screen. They do have a huge humber of gay movies. They have a whole channel. Check "Here TV".

It took some effort but I finally found HERE TV. But then it said I needed an app so I signed up for that. Then I needed to install the app. Too much for me. I'll pass.

Edited by Avalon

Not until your 7 day trial for the above programming expires and your cc gets hit for the monthly subscription fees for those channels. Best to understand the terms of your Prime membership channels before you get too excited.

I signed up for the year. I'm going to keep it. I'll keep looking through it.

I signed up for the year. I'm going to keep it. I'll keep looking through it.

Signing up for Amazon Prime for the year does not negate the monthly fees for the channels you highlighted, once the trial period ends.

Such as Hulu, CBS All Access, Netflix. Etc.

Edited by Larstrup

I do not think @Larstrup is talking about your Prime membership, but about the extras. You will notice that you start receiving offers for additional services attached yo your Prime membership. The Channels in Prime Video are an example, Amazon Fresh is another. Being a Prime member is a pre-requisite to access those services, for a few extra dollars.

I do not think @Larstrup is talking about your Prime membership, but about the extras. You will notice that you start receiving offers for additional services attached yo your Prime membership. The Channels in Prime Video are an example, Amazon Fresh is another. Being a Prime member is a pre-requisite to access those services, for a few extra dollars.

Thanks! Hulu and Netflix and CBS All Access are alot easier.

I have Prime, I also have Here.TV for a monthly fee (I think $7.99) and I have Dekkoo for another monthly fee (either $7.99 or $8.99). So, between the LGBTQ films included with Prime, Here.TV and Dekkoo, I have enough LGBTQ content to watch during the few free hours I get outside of work and other activities that are part of my life. At the beginning of this month, Prime programming added a bunch of new LGBTQ movies that were not part of the programming, so I am guessing that each month they will be adding more. Hope you have fun with the regular Prime programming and if you add other apps/channels see if you want to justify the expense for the fun/emotional/tearful movies that will come your way... Best..!

I get several deliveries from Amazon each week. I’ve started choosing the slower delivery options and this gets me a credit for Prime content

Prime movies is ok but I wouldn't give up on Netflix in addition. It's so easy for people to split the low cost or just ask for someone's log-in for free.

If I were thinking of just one add-on it would be HBO/HBO GO

Speaking of splitting costs, few people are aware that Prime entitles you to two Prime memberships. A second "household" member can have their own under their own Amazon account. I use mine to get around the "limit one " limits on sales and coupons but I should give it to my #1 for his family.

Amazon prime is mostly for the free deliveries. The online streaming service is just a little ad-on that sometimes can be useful, but most of the time not.

That is the correct way to view Prime. If one doesn't want to buy physical items and get faster delivery of said items, Prime doesn't make a lot of sense unless you don't have access to much entertainment from other sources (physical copies of movies and music, cable/satellite/streaming service). In that case, $10 per month wouldn't be a bad price to pay for Amazon's rather limited catalog.

Amazon Prime

Amazon Primitive...

Drone video shows Amazon tribe that's never been seen by the outside world

A drone located at the border of Brazil and Peru captured video of an Amazonian tribe that has never been seen by the outside world.

The video — released this week by the National Indian Foundation — shows two men walking in the woods of the Vale do Javari, located on the west of Brazil in the State of Amazonas.

“This is the third ground-based monitoring expedition of the isolated Indians in less than a year in this region," the Foundation wrote in the statement.

The expedition, called "Monitoring the Presence of Isolated Indians in the Rio Juruazinho," ran from July 16 to Aug. 1 of last year.

The Foundation worked with the local police as well as with the indigenous Kanamari, “who occupy both indigenous lands, and are deep knowers of this region,” according to the statement.

Along with the video, the Foundation released photos of an ax tied with vegetable fiber, two canoes made with palm trees and a horn made of bark.

Thank-you! Fascinating! I wonder what the natives thought of the drone? How will it affect their belief system etc.?

I flew over the Amazon River on a morning flight from Brasila to Miami. No clouds, amazing view So if Sam's story is true, they have seen planes often.