Booking travel to multiple cities

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 2097 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Does it need to be thru a booking site? Can you just cobble stuff together on your own?

I suspect that the booking sites aren't optimised for multiple city itineraries. For one thing, the best deals on the different sectors are likely to be with different airlines, so there is less chance of low overall prices for the itinerary. A travel agent might be the best way of doing it. Alternatively use your preferred airline's web site (or check separately on several of them). I've done the travel agent thing (a trip to South America with a whole bunch of flights in the continent, but also tours and hotels) but other than that, the closest I've come to that sort of trip is one into one US city, an internal flight and home from the second US city, and I booked that on the QF web page. The fare was the same as a return trip to the first city would have been (it was the further one from Sydney).

A travel agent might be the best way of doing it.

I second a travel agent, especially for a multi-city trip. I used one for PHL-BCN, AVE to MAD, MAD-LON, LON-PHL. During the trip, flight canceling/re-booking, done by the agent. They even arranged for a hotel room change.

http://www.Google.com/Flights

Use the drop-down menu to select multi-city. Forgo the travel agent and the trip back to 1994.

I agree with @Benjamin_Nicholas.

FWIW I have booked several round-the-world trips (involving flights to many cities) online. I found the multi-city booking and search options on the oneworld alliance of 15 different airlines to be the best https://www.oneworld.com/ but Google Flights is a very close second. And as it happens, I find the detailed planning of complex trips to be quite an enjoyable part of the vacation.

hi. Normally when I travel I book an air and hotel package via Travelocity. But if I want to go to more than one city there is no option for that. Any advice on booking travel to more than one city?

Thanks!

Which airline?

I fly United, I select multiple cities when I travel to 2 destinations within the same trip.

hi. Normally when I travel I book an air and hotel package via Travelocity. But if I want to go to more than one city there is no option for that. Any advice on booking travel to more than one city?

Thanks!

If travelling internationally, I always recommend Kiwi. It is the most inexpensive provider of multi-city flight options. Kayak is always another great resource if you want to include a hotel package, and they often have discounted rates for members. Check it out