Top 3 people in history you'd like to have dinner with

samhexum
This topic is 2143 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To make sure the conversation is interesting to me

Isaac Asimov/QUOTE]

Asimov was a despicable person. I had a very high opinion of him until I met him. At a function I was standing next to him when a newlywed couple was introduced to him. His response? He pinched the girls nipple. There went any respect or liking I could ever have for him. To physically assault a young (she looked to be about 18 or 19) girl and thinking he had the right to do so was disgusting. I not only would not have dinner with him, I wouldn't even invite him into my home.

Adolph Hilter (not a fan...but want to ask questions)

According to his entourage, he could be incredibly boring. During dinner, he's go off on multi-hour monologues on whatever he was obsessed with at the moment, and no one dared get a word in edgewise. He would often keep talking until the wee hours so people made excuses to avoid coming at all.

According to his entourage, he could be incredibly boring. During dinner, he's go off on multi-hour monologues on whatever he was obsessed with at the moment, and no one dared get a word in edgewise. He would often keep talking until the wee hours so people made excuses to avoid coming at all.

He had that in common with Fidel Castro.

Male

Saint Francis Assisi

Lee Harvey Oswald

Rasputin

The Good The Bad and The Ugly Topic: Which is the more dfficult: Being considered All Good or All Evil?

Female

Elizabeth I

Mae West

Madonna

A Virgin A Slut and a Material Girl. Topic: How they have managed to succeed in a Man's World. On the throne On the mattress and On the record.

1. My ancestor, daghaa’ łichííʼ or Red Hair

2. Boudicca or Boudicea

3. Frantz Fanon

I’m not sure if my ancestor actually had red hair or it was simply a metaphor. There are also a few family stories I’d like to ask him about.

As for Boudicca, I’d like to meet the woman. The living being that is not tied to the romance or distortion of historical memory.

I must have read Wretched of the Earth several times and I find new insights each time.

I think the OP is asking for real historic characters, not made up ones.

:p

Jesus was a real philosopher. How he ended up being marketed to the sheeple is a different story. So yeah, he was the first name that came to mind. Everyone else on here that mentioned the Lord, I've got dibs!! :)

If I were to choose three women it would be

Cleopatra. She and Antony threw some amazing parties!

Livia the wife of the Emperor Augustus. Did she really have all those people killed like Robert Graves said so her son Tiberius could ultimately be his heir?

Diane de Poitiers the mistress of Henri II.

I was unfamiliar with Oda Nobunaga

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oda_Nobunaga

I was somewhat familiar with Sejong. He created the Korean alphabet. It's been said that it is the best in the world for a language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sejong_the_Great

Wow that is surprising and amazing that you have heard of King Sejong the Great. When/How did you hear about him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxtxQTiQRZQ

http://www.omniglot.com/

That is one of my favorite sites on the internet. I like to study other countries and cultures and languages. I look forward to Sundays when he adds something new.

Years ago (last century) the library got a magazine from North Korea I liked to read. And when I was in college back in the days of the USSR I subscribed to "Soviet Life".

And of course with what has been going on with Korea in the last few years I've been reading alot on online plus watching YouTube videos about life in North Korea.

http://www.omniglot.com/

That is one of my favorite sites on the internet. I like to study other countries and cultures and languages. I look forward to Sundays when he adds something new.

Years ago (last century) the library got a magazine from North Korea I liked to read. And when I was in college back in the days of the USSR I subscribed to "Soviet Life".

And of course with what has been going on with Korea in the last few years I've been reading alot on online plus watching YouTube videos about life in North Korea.

Oh wow me too but The only language I have an interest in so far have been Asian ones. When I was younger I loved reading about the myths of the Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians but eventually the Japanese myths and religions stole all my attention.