What people really think of Montreal's Gay Village - it's NOT pretty

This topic is 2019 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Exactly! Thank you!

Anyone can read the unbiased reviews! Plus look at my screen name. I think I would know how to spot twinks after 45-years on the planet.

Here is some more frosting on the cake for those Montreal pollyannas who refuse to remove their rose-colored glasses:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/campus-montréal-3?sort_by=date_desc

and

https://montreal.gaycities.com/bars/725-taboo

From your postings you seem to want to be 'right' about this, rather than accepting the variety of opinions/experiences of other men. Why does this matter to you so much? Just curious.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From your postings you seem to want to be 'right' about this, rather than accepting the variety of opinions/experiences of other men. Why does this matter to you so much? Just curious.

Wow! You're such a close-minded hypocrite. Don't you see I could say the EXACT same thing about YOUR postings too? Why does this matter so much to YOU?

Wise up! I simply submitted links to UNBIASED reviews about what people really think of Montreal, and YOU are taking it personally. And you're not even the manager of Stock.

Wow! You're such a close-minded hypocrite. Don't you see I could say the EXACT same thing about YOUR postings too? Why does this matter so much to YOU?

Wise up! I simply submitted links to UNBIASED reviews about what people really think of Montreal, and YOU are taking it personally. And you're not even the manager of Stock.

Wow. SAD!

Edited by P Gren

Yes it is SAD! I guess therapy sessions are out of the question. So looking forward to my next trip. I have never taken a lot of stock in the minority opinions when it comes to reviews. Going the weekend after pride so I hope to see some lingering folks. If not I am sure I will still enjoy all of the eclectic, eccentric, evolution of the Gay Village.

Yes it is SAD! I guess therapy sessions are out of the question. So looking forward to my next trip. I have never taken a lot of stock in the minority opinions when it comes to reviews. Going the weekend after pride so I hope to see some lingering folks. If not I am sure I will still enjoy all of the eclectic, eccentric, evolution of the Gay Village.

What bars do you plan to hit? Any favourites amongst the dancers?

Therapy sessions? The MAJORITY of the reviewers agree with me and Bearman.

Fortunately, We're not Montreal polyannas wearing rose-colored glassed. Don't blame the messenger for the collapse of your beloved Montreal strip scene. Just read UN-BIASED reviews online.

Yes, it's time to take stock (no pun) in the majority of unbiased (non stock management) opinions of the reviewers online! I CERTAINLY DIDN'T WRITE THEM!

Enjoy your "eclectic" (aka - ghost town) visit to Montreal's gay village. I'm sure Tazmanian5230 , EZ , BigVaBoy , and PGren will be lining up to offer you a full refund on all your hotel and airline expenses once you realize there are more homeless and crack heads than strippers.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

Edited by twinkboylover28

You could say the exact same thing about my post. Difference is that you'd be either wrong or illiterate

I simply submitted links to UNBIASED reviews about what people really think of Montreal

I apologize for feeding the troll, but, again, I'll say the large majority of the reviews you cited were "average" or better......and most were above average......and, again, I ask what has got you so upset about St Catherine St??....(you've never answered this)......your prolonged obsession with this utterly less-than-compelling concern is unusual......the FACT is that most people are evidently very happy with the district.......

I apologize for feeding the troll, but, again, I'll say the large majority of the reviews you cited were "average" or better......and most were above average......and, again, I ask what has got you so upset about St Catherine St??....(you've never answered this)......your prolonged obsession with this utterly less-than-compelling concern is unusual......the FACT is that most people are evidently very happy with the district.......

I doubt he will answer why he's obsessing. he deflected my question without answering. maybe he works for the Toronto Tourism Bureau?

Edited by P Gren

Wow! You really are dumber than I thought.

For the SECOND time:

Reviews (197)

• Excellent
  • Very good
  • Average
  • Poor
  • Terrible

According to the facts I cited, the bottom line is 92 "very good/positive" compared to the 44 "average/poor/terrible" negative reviews are pretty BAD by anyone's standards. Apparently you've been smoking more weed than I had originally thought, as the "average" reviews count towards the bottom, never towards the top (very good/excellent).

Some words in those reviews that keep recurring are: "dump," "neglected," "abandoned," "junkies," "homeless," and "dirty". Don't take my word for it, read the reviews from UNBIASED people.

Again, for the SECOND time, according to your logic if the reviews from UNBIASED people had been positive, then that somehow would make me "happy"? But since a significant portion of the reviews (that I did not write) are negative, that means I must be somehow "mad at the Village?

HaHa such drama queen stupidity.

Apparently you have ZERO facts to back up any of YOUR ridiculous statements, especially the one that "MOST" people are evidently VERY HAPPY with the district!!!!

Again ,for the SECOND time, one of many reviews:

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Avoid at all costs

We came for for Formula 1 and stayed nearby so had to walk the street every day. It has to be the most depressing place I have ever been to. Homeless people begging for money, junkies - young people and very old ladies of the night except it was day time. I did not dare step out of my door after dark.

The shops were run down and like the whole place - depressing. Glad I am leaving in the morning

Show less

Ask Karen C about Gay Village

Keep sippin' that Kool-Aid! And please, take your medication.

Wow! You really are dumber than I thought.

For the SECOND time:

Reviews (197)

• Excellent
  • Very good
  • Average
  • Poor
  • Terrible

According to the facts I cited, the bottom line is 92 "very good/positive" compared to the 44 "average/poor/terrible" negative reviews are pretty BAD by anyone's standards. Apparently you've been smoking more weed than I had originally thought, as the "average" reviews count towards the bottom, never towards the top (very good/excellent).

Some words in those reviews that keep recurring are: "dump," "neglected," "abandoned," "junkies," "homeless," and "dirty". Don't take my word for it, read the reviews from UNBIASED people.

Again, for the SECOND time, according to your logic if the reviews from UNBIASED people had been positive, then that somehow would make me "happy"? But since a significant portion of the reviews (that I did not write) are negative, that means I must be somehow "mad at the Village?

HaHa such drama queen stupidity.

Apparently you have ZERO facts to back up any of YOUR ridiculous statements, especially the one that "MOST" people are evidently VERY HAPPY with the district!!!!

Again ,for the SECOND time, one of many reviews:

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Avoid at all costs

We came for for Formula 1 and stayed nearby so had to walk the street every day. It has to be the most depressing place I have ever been to. Homeless people begging for money, junkies - young people and very old ladies of the night except it was day time. I did not dare step out of my door after dark.

The shops were run down and like the whole place - depressing. Glad I am leaving in the morning

Show less

Ask Karen C about Gay Village

Keep sippin' that Kool-Aid! And please, take your medication.

Not going to let this go. I just checked your link in the first post. Out of 203 reviews, 138/203 are positive and 174/203 are positive including average. Your numbers cited just above are incorrect and do not even add up!

Not going to let this go. I just checked your link in the first post. Out of 203 reviews, 138/203 are positive and 174/203 are positive including average. Your numbers cited just above are incorrect and do not even add up!

You're not letting this go?

I am not letting this go.

You really are off your rocker. For the THIRD time, "average" reviews count toward the TRASH and the negative reviews at the bottom. You find it funny to round the "average" votes up for some reason, as you apparently love to toss them in with the minority"excellent" reviews" like the proper Queen that you appear to be.

I'm not taking you to school for a fourth time....

Even by your math, 138/203 is horrible! That's a 30% negative.

Do you think the Eiffel Tower or similar tourist attractions have such a high negative as 30% neg??

HaHAhaHAhAhAHaHa!!

Keep wearing your rose colored glassed and drinking the Kool-Aid.

Edited by twinkboylover28

Ask Remycub about Gay Village

4 Thank Remycub

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

JUNKIES, Not Safe!!!

This was for sure our worst experience in all of our travel to Canada. So many people were so far gone on some horrible drug. I looked up the street and saw three people gathered together doing drugs. Someone was foaming at the mouth. It was really scary and I couldn't wait to get back to my lodging in lock the door.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g155032-d185138-r514405299-Gay_Village-Montreal_Quebec.html#

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Drug addicts, alcoholics, thieves and prostitution

We had diner at some local nice over priced pizzeria at the corner of Amherst Street.

We went there and enjoyed a couple of drinks at some Sky Bar and Club

We spent like a couple of 4 hours there, but boy we were bothered by some drug sellers close and around Beaudry area, and then around some street by St. Andre and the Uqam Area where our Hotel was located.

The balls on our heads are colourful enough paving the street for beggars and street junkies possibly on crystal meth. I don't know what kind of a city Montreal is tolerating such garbage and "unsafe" situations.

I mean the junkies are practically comfortable coming up to us and begging for money and there was no police in site. We just ignored such harasments and walkedaway.

It bothered me personally. No the kind of thing you see in other cities and similar gay villages. This area lacked class, and class !

Watch your pockets, thieves are around our friend's phone was stolen that evening.

There are no shops. Even though we were there after 18:00 there were plenty of empty shops collecting dust and a couple of closed buildings !! 2 decrepit buildings falling apart or condemned !!!

Plenty of Terraces on the street but kind of ordinary.

We stopped at "Renard" a bar, but was packed and small.

We peaked at "L'aigle noir" (dark and smelly) and a karaoke Joint by the name of Club Date. We had great fun there at the Club Date.

BUT...

From the looks of it overall, this area caters for the granola degenerate kind of people and quite openly caters to drug addicts and dealers, alcoholics, beggars and male prostitution (it is obvious all around you especially in some dead areas along this street)

Avoid contact with stranger trying to be nice to you, because at the end of it all they want is money.

If this is your attraction then you're in sin city with junkies and plenty of them around. It seems like a social welfare state this area.

One visit to the gay village and it was a complete turn off. I'm no snob, but this Gay Village is cheap and lacks a lot and I mean a lot of class.

Montreal has a lot more to offer - forget the gay village it is not worth the money.

We enjoyed the rest of Montreal (We went to the Notre Dame Basilica, the Crescent Street had an nice irish pub, friendly people, the west side of town had more class. There's the mount royal visit was amazing as well as Mount-Royal area and Westmount)

Ask Johnlovejeans about Gay Village

6 Thank Johnlovejeans