What people really think of Montreal's Gay Village - it's NOT pretty

This topic is 2019 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

"I ALSO made my reservations 3 months in advance for the famous Joe Beef restaurant in Old Montreal. It was a restaurant featured on Anthony Bourdain's CNN show.I can't wait to visit this Fall"

After all your crying and bitching your going back in the fall?

My dream didn't come true.

Did you ever answer @tazmanian5230 as to why you're going back in the Fall?

Edited by bigvalboy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever reply to my thread about refunding people who go to the Village on the basis of rose-colored advice that it's a twink/stripper heaven when it's nothing more than homeless and junkies?

Hotel and air fare is very expensive these days. I wouldn't want to have innocent people misled.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now is an excellent time to book for Winter and Spring at the OMNI hotel in downtown Montreal.

I got a good deal booking through TripAdvisor for the OMNI Mont-Royal 4-star hotel located in Montreal's "Golden Square Mile" Business District. The OMNI is just a stone's throw away from the Peel metro station which will take you to all the clubs and anywhere in Montreal in 5 minutes.

I always stay in a premium corner room on floors 15 thru 21, and I bring my own high-pressure shower head. With the 3% ebates discount from TripAdvisor, plus 1.5 % cash-back on my Quick Silver Capital One credit card, and the 31% currency exchange it's a good time to book. You can cancel for free up to two days before your trip, and you don't have to pay a penny until you arrive.

My itinerary comes out to $680 for 4 nights for the "PREMIUM Corner room" level of the OMNI. This includes all the crazy Queebc 19% hotel taxes.

$170 per night for a premium Corner room on the 21st floor at the 4-star OMNI for late April is a steal.

I just got back from Montreal and had a great time... quick FYI for those traveling this winter and spring: the Beaudry metro station is undergoing renovations and won't re-open until June. It's not a terrible walk but it might suck in the winter... there are also shuttles from the UQAM and Papineau stations.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4398712/beaudry-metro-closure/

giphy.gif

Now is an excellent time to book for Winter and Spring at the OMNI hotel in downtown Montreal.

I got a good deal booking through TripAdvisor for the OMNI Mont-Royal 4-star hotel located in Montreal's "Golden Square Mile" Business District. The OMNI is just a stone's throw away from the Peel metro station which will take you to all the clubs and anywhere in Montreal in 5 minutes.

I always stay in a premium corner room on floors 15 thru 21, and I bring my own high-pressure shower head. With the 3% ebates discount from TripAdvisor, plus 1.5 % cash-back on my Quick Silver Capital One credit card, and the 31% currency exchange it's a good time to book. You can cancel for free up to two days before your trip, and you don't have to pay a penny until you arrive.

My itinerary comes out to $680 for 4 nights for the "PREMIUM Corner room" level of the OMNI. This includes all the crazy Queebc 19% hotel taxes.

$170 per night for a premium Corner room on the 21st floor at the 4-star OMNI for late April is a steal.

What a difference a month makes....31 little days...

(with apologies to the original songwriter)

I just got back from Montreal and had a great time... quick FYI for those traveling this winter and spring: the Beaudry metro station is undergoing renovations and won't re-open until June. It's not a terrible walk but it might suck in the winter... there are also shuttles from the UQAM and Papineau stations.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4398712/beaudry-metro-closure/

Thank you for the heads up!

This just gives me an excuse to cruise Ste. Catherine from Papineau to Berri-UQAM!