What did you do SPECIAL for your birthday?

BroadwayDave
This topic is 1237 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man turns 21, buys first beer with $10 his dad left him before dying

A 21-year-old Massachusetts man enjoyed his first legal beer Sunday, compliments of his father, who died from cancer when the birthday boy was still a teenager.

“Almost 6 years ago before my dad passed he gave my sister this 10$ bill to give to me on my 21st birthday so he could buy me my first beer,” tweeted Matt Goodman. “Cheers pops havin’ this one for you!”

The celebration happened Sunday at a bar in Attleboro, Mass., near the Rhode Island border. Goodman told CBS News that his sister handed him an envelope containing the cash on Saturday night and told him, tearfully, it was from their dad since he couldn’t be there.

“Me and him were just like best friends,” Goodman said. “Any time we would hang out, it was just like having fun.”

People touched by the Goodman family’s story reached out on social media asking Matt if they could buy him his next beer. He asked that instead they donate to Boston’s Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, which looked after his dad in his final days.

Man turns 21, buys first beer with $10 his dad left him before dying

A 21-year-old Massachusetts man enjoyed his first legal beer Sunday, compliments of his father, who died from cancer when the birthday boy was still a teenager.

“Almost 6 years ago before my dad passed he gave my sister this 10$ bill to give to me on my 21st birthday so he could buy me my first beer,” tweeted Matt Goodman. “Cheers pops havin’ this one for you!”

The celebration happened Sunday at a bar in Attleboro, Mass., near the Rhode Island border. Goodman told CBS News that his sister handed him an envelope containing the cash on Saturday night and told him, tearfully, it was from their dad since he couldn’t be there.

“Me and him were just like best friends,” Goodman said. “Any time we would hang out, it was just like having fun.”

People touched by the Goodman family’s story reached out on social media asking Matt if they could buy him his next beer. He asked that instead they donate to Boston’s Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, which looked after his dad in his final days.

Last year I did something really crazy and spent a silly amount of money having a titanium bike custom made to my body specs. It is a pleasure to ride.

This past year with Covid, not much of anything special. We were too busy packing up the house to move cross country so it was a lost year.

Last year I did something really crazy and spent a silly amount of money having a titanium bike custom made to my body specs. It is a pleasure to ride.

This past year with Covid, not much of anything special. We were too busy packing up the house to move cross country so it was a lost year.

You should post a pic of that bike. I can’t imagine how awesome a custom titanium road bike must be.

Now it would be REALLY special if you BIKED cross country on your self-gifted Bike... And you could document every Rest stop. ?

And perhaps get yourself a Bravo reality show to outshine Kim & Kroy in the RV with the 6 rug-rats ? ?

You should post a pic of that bike. I can’t imagine how awesome a custom titanium road bike must be.

Ye would like to see it as well. Cant imagine what that set you back but I am sure is a really nice ride @dbar123 ? How many miles did you put on it this summer? Was really a nice treat to be able to do a lot of riding this summer when nothing else was going on.

Now it would be REALLY special if you BIKED cross country on your self-gifted Bike... And you could document every Rest stop. ?

And perhaps get yourself a Bravo reality show to outshine Kim & Kroy in the RV with the 6 rug-rats ? ?

Ye would like to see it as well. Cant imagine what that set you back but I am sure is a really nice ride @dbar123 ? How many miles did you put on it this summer? Was really a nice treat to be able to do a lot of riding this summer when nothing else was going on.

Unfortunately I don't have image hosting so I can't attach a picture. I h've been riding about 15 miles every day as long as it wasn't raining too hard. After that my ass starts to get a bit flat.

But agree that after about 60 Km (about 38) mine starts getting pretty numb even with padded riding shorts!

Yeah- I have the padded shorts too but I don't usually wear them because I'm a bit lazy. Usually just wearing track pants. If I want to ride longer I would definitely slip on the padded ass-savers.

I've been riding with a Brooks leather saddle which usually feels good without the added padding.

Yeah- I have the padded shorts too but I don't usually wear them because I'm a bit lazy. Usually just wearing track pants. If I want to ride longer I would definitely slip on the padded ass-savers.

I've been riding with a Brooks leather saddle which usually feels good without the added padding.

Plan to go on a 40 mile ride later this morning on my BMC. I’d recommend padded bib shorts. I use the standard hard saddle. When I finish I roll my rhomboids with a la crosse ball on the flor. Instant relief!

Plan to go on a 40 mile ride later this morning on my BMC. I’d recommend padded bib shorts. I use the standard hard saddle. When I finish I roll my rhomboids with a la crosse ball on the flor. Instant relief!

Rhomboids ? are those the things that dangle down by the taint ? Why "roll em" when i can lick em for you ?" ?