How do you read Message Center posts?

Greathands
This topic is 6603 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've been reading and occasionally posting on this Message Center for quite some time now. For the longest time, I would simply read the posts and, when interested in a certain comment, would look at who the author was.

Like many others, I have tired of the drama and hijacking of so many topics, but obviously it's not something that is going to go away. Many times I found myself getting worked up by comments of certain individuals. So instead of reading the posts first, I now look at the author first. It's come to a point that I simply ignore the writings of a few individuals. It makes for a much more pleasant experience.

But in doing this, I've noticed something else. I realize it is part of human nature, but it seems that there are individuals on here who simply always have to look at things from a negative viewpoint. No matter what is being talked about ... a tv show, a movie, an article, etc. ... they always have a negative perspective. Damn, I certainly wouldn't want to live like that!

So, I'm just curious ... do you read all the posts on here, or do you ignore the writings of some people in order to skip all the drama and negativity?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I click "Read new" and then review the list of messages that come up. I almost always read everything, even if I have no interest in the thread topic; you never know when some interesting tidbit will show up.

I generally respond to threads if I think I can be helpful or if something in the thread strikes my funny bone.

However, I am moody, and so I will sometimes skip posts by particular authors if I'm feeling particularly annoyed with them.

...Hoover

I read topics rather than specific writers. Of course, some topics get responses from regular posters who usually bore or irritate me, and if there are numerous responses--such as one of those threads that turns into a give and take between a couple of writers--I skip over the posts from those writers whose response I can already predict.

Guest empire

It depends on the author of the post I'm about to read. For example purposes only if I'm going to read something posted by Jackhammer I dive right in; comments by deej I click very gently as I don't know it will be Dr. deej or Mr. deej waiting on the other end of the link; something from BigGuyPasadena I keep my riddle dictionary handy as I usually understand half of what he writes; if I notice Lucky is the author I put my boots on first and pray he isn't advocating that I resign as a poster; should the author be hoover I'm anxious to see what he has to say; if it's KYTop I know it will be loaded with substance and dig right in; a post by Scott Adler I normally have to shoot myself full of herion as to be able to float above the BS :)

Guest empire

>Empire wrote" something from BigGuyPasadena I keep my riddle

>dictionary handy as I usually understand half of what he

>writes;"

>(In my best cockey accent)regular bleedin Sphynx I am :+

LOL

Guest ReturnOfS

I do a lot of skipping and ignoring of writings. Theres only so much time that I get to myself, so I might as well spend it doing something that I like. If I read every single post, what else would I have time for?

>If the post is by a Mid-Atlantic state attached to a bird of

>prey I steer very clear. My psyche is such that I always feel

>emotionally worse after having waded through one of those

>diatribes. Just me...

>

>HB

It appears that said bird of prey has been captured and placed on a forced vacation. See note from Daddy in Fag Bashing tread, post number 16.

RE: Names that can force me to read

Nope. I'm not going to try to make a list of them for you. But so much is always made of the names whose posts one skips. Often true. But there are other names that when I see they have replied to a post, it will make me open up a post I normally would not have, just to see what they've said now.

And I always, always try to note the name of a comment just before I read it. Probably we all do, but something someone said earlier made it seem like he reads through the comments not caring who made them. How extrememly tone deaf that sounds to me.

>>If the post is by a Mid-Atlantic state attached to a bird

>of

>>prey I steer very clear. My psyche is such that I always

>feel

>>emotionally worse after having waded through one of those

>>diatribes. Just me...

>>

>>HB

>

>It appears that said bird of prey has been captured and placed

>on a forced vacation. See note from Daddy in Fag Bashing

>tread, post number 16.

Hey thanks for the alert. It seems I'm not the only one to tire of the endless negativity.

HB

Re: “I realize it is part of human nature, but it seems that there are individuals on here who simply always have to look at things from a negative viewpoint... they always have a negative perspective. Damn, I certainly wouldn't want to live like that!.”

Greathands, I agree wholeheartedly. Such persons have no doubt been sucking on bitter lemon balls for so long and have become so negative and pessimistic that they scrutinize everything in life through an astringent prism. It is indeed a sad situation where someone seems to be perpetually unhappy with life, a life where there is constant struggle and strife, a life where battles must constantly be fought.

Most of us come here for diversion. Sure, serious issues are discussed and at times unpleasant topics are touched upon. Heaven knows there is enough depressing news out there. However, there is almost always something positive or upbeat that can be associated with even the most dismal situations. Sometimes it is difficult, but I always try to look at things from a more positive perspective.

Regarding postings on this site, if something interests me I read it. If it turns out to be written by someone who views life as all piss and vinegar, I’ll give it a pass. Life is way too short…

Archived