Waxing

Reisr30
This topic is 2140 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’ve always been self conscious about hair on my back. I tried laser hair removal and not only was it very expensive but painful and although it helped I couldn’t stick with it long enough to be smooth. I tried waxing once (before the laser) but when it grew back ended up with painful bumps.

I’m thinking about trying waxing again; any suggestions?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not sure about the waxing, although the back is pretty tough and you should do it if you hate the hair on your back. I’ve never had hair on my back. Even my butt is naturally smooth. When I’m doing a lot of bike riding in the warmer months, I get my legs sugared, which is more effective and less painful than waxing. Sugaring works really well.

I hated my hairy back, so some 15+ years ago I did a treatment that involved electrolysis and laser. I didn’t like laser because not only did it hurt while it was being applied, but it also left a very unpleasant burning sensation that lasted for quite some time. Electrolysis was not entirely pain-free, but I found it a lot more comfortable than laser. It was a very long procedure, and it took over a year of weekly sessions to get rid of the unwanted hair. Happy to report that it has not grown back at all, and I have never needed retouching.

Thanks guys! I actually had my back sugared when I got the bumps as opposed to waxed and thought it was easier to say I got it waxed since i guess I considered it the same thing. But you are right it's not.

Also, I tried electrolysis before laser too and it seemed to take forever; maybe I was too hairy. I think I might give waxing a try; I do have less hair from the laser and electrolysis now; maybe I won't get bumps.

I know it's silly but it does cause me not to go shirtless and avoid the beach/pool. I know there are a lot of bears who embrace their hirsuteness and I know there is nothing wrong with it but it just makes me self-conscious...

You should consider sugaring. I have been doing this for between 15 and 20 years. It is less painful than waxing and each time less and less grows back. I am almost totally back hair free now. I also sugar for my butt and nether regions. No problem with ingrown hairs or bumps as I had with waxing.

Don't know where you are, but if you are in New York I highly recommend Shawn at Hush.

You should consider sugaring. I have been doing this for between 15 and 20 years. It is less painful than waxing and each time less and less grows back. I am almost totally back hair free now. I also sugar for my butt and nether regions. No problem with ingrown hairs or bumps as I had with waxing.

Don't know where you are, but if you are in New York I highly recommend Shawn at Hush.

Thanks everyone. I think I will try sugaring again. N13 thanks for the recommendation, I am in NY and will see if I can make an appointment with Shawn at Hush.

The hair on my back & shoulders isn't thick, but it's enough to be annoying. I've used this device for several years and I love it. A minute or two once a week, quick and easy. The blades seem to last a long time, too. Even if you use one of the procedures mentioned above, this would work for touch ups in between.

https://www.amazon.com/BAKblade-1-0-Extra-Long-Disposable-Replacement/dp/B00BPBLMCS/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1530983086&sr=8-4-spons&keywords=back+blade&psc=1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been holding off on sugaring for a very long time (due to fear of pain) but, I really want to give it a shot — I'm just afraid of the pain I'd feel in the genital area *ouch!!!*

I've been holding off on sugaring for a very long time (due to fear of pain) but, I really want to give it a shot — I'm just afraid of the pain I'd feel in the genital area *ouch!!!*

The the only part of sugaring that stings is the ab and belly area. But a good practitioner like mine changes the consistency of the sugar and does it quickly. As I mentioned, my ass and back are naturally smooth, but in the summer I have my arms, legs and stomach sugared since I’m so active outside and the sunscreen goes on better with super smooth skin. Sugar Plum in Seattle is great.

For the pubic area, I recommend Lady Schick with Nivea shave cream. No rash or bumps. I’ve turned several of my providers onto this routine, and they love it as well.

The hands and feet are the body parts that hurt like hell when sugared or waxed, in addition to the area just below the center of the chest. The applications used to soothe the pain make it all worthwhile to do it again in a couple of months' time.

The the only part of sugaring that stings is the ab and belly area. But a good practitioner like mine changes the consistency of the sugar and does it quickly. As I mentioned, my ass and back are naturally smooth, but in the summer I have my arms, legs and stomach sugared since I’m so active outside and the sunscreen goes on better with super smooth skin. Sugar Plum in Seattle is great.

For the pubic area, I recommend Lady Schick with Nivea shave cream. No rash or bumps. I’ve turned several of my providers onto this routine, and they love it as well.

I'm mainly interested in the genital area (crack, balls, shaft [to be blunt]), I like to bottom and I'd like to be more conscientious of that area. I've never tried cream hair removal but doesn't sound like a bad idea. I would, though, like to try sugaring since I hear hair slowly ceases to grow (???).

Sorry Guys --- IS there Such a thing as "SWEET n LOWING" ?

Plus I love me furry men --- Back Front arms legs crack ass balls belly ETC --- LONG Beautiful Hair~

I enjoy a hairy man (Yum!), I just like to be smooth for my top(s).